300 RUM

blktljunkie

Looking to load some barnes 200 grain lrx up for my dad's factory Remington 700 but there's not much info for them in the barnes book we have. I've got some retumbo and h1000 to play with and just looking for any good starting points u guys might be using. Thanks

i havent tried any barnes but a 200 grain nosler accubond has a great BC and it rocks out of my 300 RUM. PM me and ill give you my full load data if youd like

For what it’s worth. Shot 2 elk with Barnes LRX and retumbo out of my 300 rum. A bull at 100 yds and a cow at 800. Pin holes on both. Quit using Barnes. And went to Berger’s.

De
For what it’s worth. Shot 2 elk with Barnes LRX and retumbo out of my 300 rum. A bull at 100 yds and a cow at 800. Pin holes on both. Quit using Barnes. And went to Berger’s.
Dead elk I assume? Don't see the problem. If you want to use a mono, look at Hammers. mtmuley

Unfortunately we live in Norcal so we have to shoot copper, we load barnes in all our other guns just haven't loaded the 300 yet. Personally I like the barnes lrx in my 7mm they're absolute hammers if u hit em right haven't lost a animal yet shooting them (knock,knock) we're gonna try some recipes this weekend thanks for the replies

De
Dead elk I assume? Don't see the problem. If you want to use a mono, look at Hammers. mtmuley
Yes both dead. With pencil sized entrance hole and exit hole. also in and out both lungs. I never found the bullets but I would say they didn’t expand or transfer any energy or terminal shock to the animal. They died because of holes in the lungs. I do see a problem with this. That performance is not at all why I and I don’t think anyone else would use a canon of rifle to shoot elk. I was just trying to share my experience with the same caliber and bullet. I know people that shoot the LRX in a 30-378 and it’s worked great. Also people that use them in 7mm. Worked great. Also other people have used them in their 300 rum and got pin holes entry and exit. I’m sure I’m quite amateur compared to most of you but I know what a bullet does when it performs properly after hitting an animal in the right spot. I’m very intrigued by the discussions about the hammers and will look into them. Good luck and let us know What your results are. I will also say the LRX shot with great accuracy out of my 300 rum.

If the Hammers don't work out, the 200 grain Accubond is a nasty killer in the RUM. Push it as close to 3200 fps as you can.Used it for 16 years or so. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom