$300 spotting scope "Which one??"

G

Grizzz

Well the Leupold is out since I got 3 strikes on it. So I have now been looking at the Nikon Sky and Earth Spotters 15-45 x60. Any feed back on these scopes. I have read that some people do not like the zoom eyepiece because it is not as clear. Any other pro's or con's??

What about the Alpen or Burris scopes? Any others in this price range that you like..

I wish I has the money for a Swaro or Zeiss but it will not happen.

I would look at the Alpen 60 mm for arounf $130-$150

There is no good $300 spotting scope I know of. You might look into the Leupy compact goldring 50 mm it can be found around $350

Ive got a Sky and Earth I would sell, its the more powerful of the two. Ive only had it on one hunt, for whitetail. It works okay, a little hard to see through on full zoom. email if interested in it [email protected].

I'd go with the Leupold "Gold Ring" 15-30x50mm. I've also been looking around for a spotter and you can get this one for somewhere between $325 and $350. Look on e-bay, gunbroker.com, and D & R sports. Great scope and greater lifetime warranty.
Scott/couesbitten

I have the Sky & Earth and as far as I'm concerned its a great spotter for the money, sure it's not as good as the $1200+ glass but I like mine. It may be a little blurry at 45x but I don't really use it at full power much. Only had it about 8 months or so.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

I would also look at the B&L elite, used on ebay you can find them for fairly reasonable. Never looked thru and Alpen but have heard they are nice for the money also.

The B&L/Bushnell elite, and the Nikon XLII would also be good choices. Also look at the Kowa scopes. Have read nothing but good reports on them. Try looking at Bearbasin.com
Scott/couesbitten

Thanks to everyone with the suggestions. I am going to go with the Nikon. I will let everyone know how I like it.

Look at redfield have one had it over 15 year, also have a swarovski 3 year old is brighter, but redfield is one of the clear scope, did not like the nikon not that clear

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom