300 yard running shot..

Butts

The 300 win mag thread got me thinking.Who on here has killed big game RUNNING 300 yards and below? Did your dads and grandpa’s wait for a perfect broadside shot at 200 yards to kill a big Muley? Did you wait? You read old hunting stories about big mule deer getting killed and enviably allot of them bucks either got busted out of their bed and killed or busted and the trajectory of said buck landed them in the lap of another hunter.Certainly seasons type of hunt very…

I didn’t wait.. 3 of the biggest deer I’ve killed have been running balls out under 300 yards. Anybody on here with the same thought process? Experience?

I use a 300 WSM for all big game and can't remember taking a running shot. I don't even like taking walking shots. The best option is to make a great stalk to within 200 yards and not spook them prior to your shot.

I've killed multiple big game animals on the run. A running shot isn't difficult at close range if you practice. I would actually rather take a running shot at close range than a long range shot on standing deer. I've been killing 50+ coyotes a year and they are great practice for big game hunting.

I've killed multiple big game animals on the run. A running shot isn't difficult at close range if you practice. I would actually rather take a running shot at close range than a long range shot on standing deer. I've been killing 50+ coyotes a year and they are great practice for big game hunting.

Amen.. ✅

I use a 300 WSM for all big game and can't remember taking a running shot. I don't even like taking walking shots. The best option is to make a great stalk to within 200 yards and not spook them prior to your shot.

You have not HUNTED then.. personal opinion.

You are so full shi* your eyes are turning brown. The best option Is to put a bullet in his heart. If you have not seen a big muley running his ass off under 300 yards.., you have not hunted BIG muleys.

Wow, you don't know JIMS at all

And maybe we haven’t “hunted” to your definition, but you haven’t respected game if you routinely take 300 running shots at a big mule deer. There may have been a time for that 50+ years ago, but guys who can ethically take a 300 yard running shot at a deer are less than 1 in a hundred IMO

I have personally seen someone do like you describe. I was on the other side of the buck and I had to duck and cover with bullets flying near me.

But to be honest, I have taken a long range running shot at a deer. After I wounded it. First bullet did it’s job, but second ended it quicker.

As Brian states, close running shots are a different matter.

Just once while in Colorado and the deer was 15 yards. In Iowa deer hunting with a shotgun, shooting at a running whitetail was a nearly annual occurrence in those open fields.

I've killed a bunch of walking critters, but over the course of 60 years, I recall only four instances of shooting at running game -- my first pronghorn, two Coues deer & a tahr in NZ. I killed the pronghorn at better than 300 yds with a lucky but somewhat necessary shot. The one with the tahr was more calculated. Unfortunately, I went one for two on the deer. The one I killed with a shot to the neck was a small one. The other one was the biggest I'd ever seen on the hoof, and to this day I'm baffled by what happened. :mad:

I've shot more coyotes and hogs running even past 300 yards than I can count.

I don't do it on deer unless absolutely necessary.

I took a walking 400 yard shot at a wounded whitetail out of necessity once. I hit the deer and broke both his elbows and we recovered him within a couple of minutes. I never want to take that shot again.

Whoops. I just recalled a few other running shots.

I killed my red stag with a 75-yd. shot to the back of his neck as he was running downhill,

I illegally killed a cow elk & a bull moose -- both were wounded by others. The cow, with a dangling rear leg, was running directly away up a hill & the moose was bearing down on me as I sat on a trail in his path. Hit the elk in the spine and the moose, in self defense, in the brisket.

The other was a buck I had wounded while it was running uphill on the N. Kaibab. In self-defence, I wound up shooting it in the brisket from the hip as it raced at me in the bottom of a very narrow canyon.

Last edited:
I can only think of shooting anything on the run twice.
First, was a buck I had made a poor shot on. I picked him back up hauling the mail at about 250 yards and knew it was a bad hit. I let one fly and dropped him stone dead. Some luck involved.
Second one was a buck that was gutshot, not by me, and two of us were looking for it. It jumped up and at about 100yds, shot him as he was running across a side hill.
I don't think I'd ever take a first shot on any big game running at much more than point blank range. I've had many opportunities, and have passed. Some, I've caught up with later and made the kill, others may still be running.

I've shot quite a few running critters in my life. But not many lately. Honestly, I was a better shot when I was younger. I shot my first mule deer with a Marlin 336 in 35 Remington running at about 125 yards. I was 12 and shot rabbits and other critters running all the time with my 22. Got that buck with one shot, right behind the shoulder.

I have shot elk , deer, antelope and lots of coyotes running. I shot a stray cat by our house last night with my 17 HMR and it was moving, but not really running. That's two cats I've shot in the last 2 weeks; both moving.

Unlike the guy from Ohio, I have a covered bench rest here at home and can shoot 800 yards. I also shoot quite a bit laying down, not off the bench.

I also shot prairie dogs with my 17 and 22 three days last week. But I almost never shoot at a moving prairie dog. I also shoot left and right handed just to make sure I am getting steady and for the fun of it.

Most of the deer I've shot moving in the last 20 years were under 75 yards. Haven't shot an elk or antelope running for 25 years. I'd like to think I'm a better hunter now and more stealthy and selective. And more ethical.

That said, if I was on a big deer or elk and he jumped up at under 100 yards and I could shoot sitting or over a rest, or even prone, I'd be pretty confident I could get a 300 mag bullet in him. If things lined up, I would shoot. But at 300 yards, I don't see any likelihood I would shoot at a running buck or bull. Too far and too risky.

I cart wheeled a black bear one year at a full run with my 300 win mag. It was only about an 80 yard shot though. Lots of coyotes have died mid stride

Lots of places, it is coyotes. Down here it is feral pigs. When I see pigs, I start shooting and of course they run immediately. I keep shooting until they are out of sight, regardless of distance. Personal record is 5 with a bolt action rifle, but I got 2 with the first shot that time. And down here it is rare that they are more than 100 yards from cover.

However just got a suppressor so the next time a group of 20 comes out, hoping to beat that.

I'm less disturbed by another hunter shooting at a running deer at 100 yards than watching them shoot 800 yards at a standing deer. There are too many guys that think they are capable of making a long range shot because they can dial their scope.

I shoot at 1000 yards on a regular basis and so much can go wrong at extended ranges. I can hit a deer at 1000 yards on the 1st shot most of the time but don't ever take that shot because I'm more likely to wound it with that 1st shot than kill it. If I wound a deer at 100 yards, I have a good chance at a follow up shot to finish it off very soon. If I wound a deer at 1000 yards, there is a high risk of not getting a follow up shot for an extended period of time.

Your willingness to take running shot also depends on your hunting style. I still do deer drives in the afternoon and they don't always stop for a shot. A couple years ago I kicked up a buck at less than 20 yards and it ran straight toward my friend who was posted about 200 yards away so I had no shot. He ended up shooting that buck on the run at less than 8 yards. I wouldn't want to take a running shot on a deer that was more than 200 yards away but under the right circumstances I probably wouldn't hesitate to take a running shot on a deer at 250 or even 300 yards. I don't miss many running coyotes and a deer is much easier to hit than a coyote.

Lots of places, it is coyotes. Down here it is feral pigs. When I see pigs, I start shooting and of course they run immediately. I keep shooting until they are out of sight, regardless of distance. Personal record is 5 with a bolt action rifle, but I got 2 with the first shot that time. And down here it is rare that they are more than 100 yards from cover.

However just got a suppressor so the next time a group of 20 comes out, hoping to beat that.

You will enjoy having a suppressor. The other coyotes almost always run after the 1st shot and I'm sure the pigs will as well. The best part of suppressors is that they make shooting a gun more enjoyable. I didn't realize how much I disliked the "percussion" from my rifles until I started using a suppressor. I'm also able to hear my bullets hit coyotes more often with a suppressor. If you have a subsonic round for something like a 300 blackout, the cycling of the action will be the loudest part of the shot.

....and my limited experience with suppressors is.....even when they can hear the shots it seems they can’t tell from what direction it came.

The 300 win mag thread got me thinking.Who on here has killed big game RUNNING 300 yards and below? Did your dads and grandpa’s wait for a perfect broadside shot at 200 yards to kill a big Muley? Did you wait? You read old hunting stories about big mule deer getting killed and enviably allot of them bucks either got busted out of their bed and killed or busted and the trajectory of said buck landed them in the lap of another hunter.Certainly seasons type of hunt very…

I didn’t wait.. 3 of the biggest deer I’ve killed have been running balls out under 300 yards. Anybody on here with the same thought process? Experience?
Pretty powerful spotlight I am guessing. You need a good copilot/spotlight guy if you want to be consistent on those longer running shots.

My best buck was killed at about 300 on a dead run. Came up over a finger to check out a hidden patch of juniper and he busted out of there as soon as the binoculars were on him. He disappeared fast as I ran down the finger hoping he would stop. He didn't and it was a few minutes from sunset on the last day of the Vernon rifle season. One shot on a dead run and he went into a different direction into a coulee and laid down. Went over and finished him.
I've also killed a couple mulies and a whitetail or 2 running in Montana. As alluded to before it's not too difficult if you know your gun. Had one heavy bodied mulie at about 200 somersault on the shot and was dead.

If you’re good enuf you lay em down. Most should not shoot @ running game.

If you are a wing shooter it helps! And I’m guilty but prefer stalking to as close as you can! Muzzle loader / bow range,

Rolling a car tire down a long hill with a piece of sheet metal in the center try hitting the center every time with a .22 rifle as it rolls and bounces. It will humble ya quick. It's best to get 5 or 6 guys together because it sucks carrying that tire back up the hill.

Christi Noem is one intelligent individual. I'd love to wring some time out of my schedule to join you one of these falls! How are things lookin Gator?

Christi Noem is one intelligent individual. I'd love to wring some time out of my schedule to join you one of these falls! How are things lookin Gator?
I’m guessing the post you’re replying to was deleted?

I’m guessing the post you’re replying to was deleted?

The potical forum was deleted by flounder, I try to silently remind him it'd just be easier to give it back to us. It's a "hit" oriented business, in spite of his fears of dementia Joe shutting him down........Gator picked up what i was layin down...

Shooting at running game is stupid. Seems like some guys are proud if it. Even stupider. mtmuley
So was it stupid for my friend to shoot a running buck at spitting distance or should he have waited for the buck to run 300 yards and stop for a shot?

I’ll stand by my opinion that it is more ethical to shoot a running deer at 50 or 100 yards than it is to shoot a standing deer at 600 or 1000 yards. In my opinion every seasoned hunter should be familiar enough with his gun to be capable of shooting a deer or elk at 50 yards on the run. I also think every seasoned hunter should be capable of shooting 400 yards at a standing deer.

I’m not going to advocate shooting at running deer for most hunters. I also don’t think most hunters shouldn’t be shooting 400 yards at a standing deer. Some guys do have the skill to shoot at running deer or shoot at a standing deer that is 800 yards or more away. I’m not going to call them unethical if they are truly capable of making the shot.

never a shortage of desperate people with guns, its hard to believe the amount of crippled waterfowl across America at the hands of the desperate. I certainly have had my hellmarrys but always try not to, the sure shot is the most rewarding for me

never a shortage of desperate people with guns, its hard to believe the amount of crippled waterfowl across America at the hands of the desperate. I certainly have had my hellmarrys but always try not to, the sure shot is the most rewarding for me

Be interesting to see how that plays out this fall with shells being in short supply. I'd hope skybusting would end, but I'm not betting on it.

I hunt elk on the North Slope, in the dark timber. No such thing as a broadside standing shot. They are generally moving. The windows are generally pretty small.

I never have at big game. I have at walking game but they were less than 75 yards. Coyotes are a different story. We would regularly shoot them while they were at a full sprint. Two stories that were memorable involved coyotes. In 2001, my dad hit a running deer after shooting at a coyote and spooked the buck from its bed. It was a spine shot at between 300-325 yards. Another was when there was three of us prairie dog shooting and saw a coyote. We all started unloading on this running coyote and I ran out of ammo so I was watching it in the scope when my dad hit it and sent it tumbling. It was the best shot we’ve seen so we had to pace it out. 420 yards.

This is the buck. He used a 257 Roberts.

652ACDD1-2A9F-464C-A2ED-410B364A77CD.jpeg

Last edited:
I practice 7 days a week at 2000 yards with 22 shorts on moving targets….not always but usually behind my back and sometimes hanging upside down just in case I get an opportunity to shoot a dink on the run at 200 yards…..anything else is unethical.

I practice 7 days a week at 2000 yards with 22 shorts on moving targets….not always but usually behind my back and sometimes hanging upside down just in case I get an opportunity to shoot a dink on the run at 200 yards…..anything else is unethical.
My Mom used to say that " The first liar never stands a chance"
That being said, I used to shoot sharks from the deck of an aircraft carrier with a blowgun!

I illegally killed a cow elk & a bull moose -- both were wounded by others. The cow, with a dangling rear leg, was running directly away up a hill & the moose was bearing down on me as I sat on a trail in his path. Hit the elk in the spine and the moose, in self defense, in the brisket.
With the same shot? Impressive.... :cool:

Yes, I've shot several large animal on the run and countless rabbits and coyotes. Nowadays I lay off the rabbits but hit the coyotes pretty hard. Buddy and I average about 50 coyotes per year
Only one head of biggame comes to mind in the 300 yard range however, most much closer to 100+/-.
It's just like shooting distance; some guys can, most shouldn't but think maybe they can. Those who know they can't think that no one can and they'd be wrong.
There's no shortage of opinion and no wrong answer IF you do what works for YOU and be thoughtful and ethical about it.
Yes, I hate desperate people in the field.

Zeke

You will enjoy having a suppressor. The other coyotes almost always run after the 1st shot and I'm sure the pigs will as well. The best part of suppressors is that they make shooting a gun more enjoyable. I didn't realize how much I disliked the "percussion" from my rifles until I started using a suppressor. I'm also able to hear my bullets hit coyotes more often with a suppressor. If you have a subsonic round for something like a 300 blackout, the cycling of the action will be the loudest part of the shot.

The other really nice thing about the suppressor is now my daughter likes to shoot. She has always been sensitive to loud noises (wears ear plugs to fireworks) and recoil. She couldn’t believe it when she shot my 308 with a 200 gr subsonic round. No bang and no real recoil. She is hooked! And she can outshoot me ?

I’ll stand by my opinion that it is more ethical to shoot a running deer at 50 or 100 yards than it is to shoot a standing deer at 600 or 1000 yards.
Yeah. It was stupid. Bet I can hit a stationary target at 600 yards more times in a row than you can hit a target at full deer speed at 100. I'm way too smart to shoot at runners. And it usually ends bad anyway. Have at it if you feel like you need to. mtmuley

Yeah. It was stupid. Bet I can hit a stationary target at 600 yards more times in a row than you can hit a target at full deer speed at 100. I'm way too smart to shoot at runners. And it usually ends bad anyway. Have at it if you feel like you need to. mtmuley
Hey the bucks I shot on a run were about 60 to 100

My best running shot was when I was guiding for pigs. Client hit and wounded a pig and it went off running across a barley field. We were around 200 feet higher in elevation than the field. When the pig came out below us running full boar (no pun) I started shooting to put it down and was able to finally hit it with my 5th round at 406 yards. Wasn't pretty, but we didn't loose it.

Also while guiding once I shot a coyote on the run with my Glock 21 45 acp at 45 yards. Doubt I could recreate that shot again!

My best running shot was when I was guiding for pigs. Client hit and wounded a pig and it went off running across a barley field. We were around 200 feet higher in elevation than the field. When the pig came out below us running full boar (no pun) I started shooting to put it down and was able to finally hit it with my 5th round at 406 yards. Wasn't pretty, but we didn't loose it.

Also while guiding once I shot a coyote on the run with my Glock 21 45 acp at 45 yards. Doubt I could recreate that shot again!
Hey what's a Glock 21 45 acp ? Is it a handgun ?

From personal experience it ends bad? Or heard from a guy that heard from a guy?

Awesome we are doing 500 more hens this year along with some layer hens. they saw more hens last winter then you could count, hoping for a good wet summer for lots of bugs.
2nd weekend of Nov we normally do it.

I don't think it was stupid for my friend to shoot a running deer that was less than 8 yards away. I think it would have been dumb for him to hesitate and hope the buck would stop for a shot.

As a general rule I would also take a stationary target at 600 yards instead of a full speed deer at 100 yards. I even pass on shooting many running shots at coyotes at 50 or 100 yards if I don't feel like I have a good shot or feel like there is a good chance they may stop. Under ideal conditions, I still wouldn't hesitate to shoot at a running deer at 50 or 100 yards. It really isn't a difficult shot.

I would take your bet but it would be hard to create a scenario. What about coyotes? I shoot at a running coyote at 100 yards and you shoot at a stationary coyote at 600 yards?

Yes, and I have killed a few. But these are not proud moments, and I can count just as many times when I sat with an empty rifle as the buck stopped broadside at 200 yards to give one final look. More recently I have acquired greater respect for the game.

All this talk about shots on the run, here's something to consider. When you're packing up your stuff, make sure your optic if equipped with variable power is set to the lowest setting possible. If you need to dial it up you'll likely have the time. If you need to dial it back you likely don't have the time.

Maybe we should only shoot ducks and grouse if they sit still. I mean that’s the ethical way right? I have shot dozens of running deer. If you drive deer or have ever pushed cattail sloughs in the Dakotas it is just not that hard. Most were under 150 yards but I never measured some of the long ones.

Let's have a talk with the east coasters about. A large percentage of deer killed in Virginia and North Carolina are shot on the run because they have dogs chasing the deer. That's how it was when I was stationed in those 2 states 20-25 years ago. Those boys could shoot too. Deer full blast through the pine and hardwood forests.

I always try to take standing broadside shots but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.

Maybe we should only shoot ducks and grouse if they sit still. I mean that’s the ethical way right? I have shot dozens of running deer. If you drive deer or have ever pushed cattail sloughs in the Dakotas it is just not that hard. Most were under 150 yards but I never measured some of the long ones.
I dunno, are you shooting ducks and grouse on the wing with a single projectile? Unbelievably impressive if you are.

Shooting at paper and shooting a coyote are two different things. I’ll put $$ on the bet but we would have to find a way to arrange the competition.
Exactly. I can shoot really small groups at silly ranges but trying to have the "same" setup in an actual hunt is no bueno.

You guys ever watched those pig hunts with a guy using a bolt gun and an aimpoint?

Don't think they are 300yds away but man that is some good shooting.

I dunno, are you shooting ducks and grouse on the wing with a single projectile? Unbelievably impressive if you are.
I got lucky once when I was on a spring turkey hunt. I was using a Winchester M255 .22 mag rifle w/4X scope. One day, as I was walking back to camp, a raven started doing lazy circles above me. I led it a bit & bang; it spiraled down to the ground with a thud.

Back forty some years ago when I was younger and dumber I made a running shot at a huge buck over in Colorado when he did his nose dive in some rocks he broke his left antler off right above his eye guard and broke some cheaters off his right side..needless to say from then on if I couldn't make a decent shot at a reasonable distance and not running and haven't pulled the trigger...

You guys ever watched those pig hunts with a guy using a bolt gun and an aimpoint?

Don't think they are 300yds away but man that is some good shooting.

You see the ones where guys are shooting running hogs from a side by side at 30 miles an hour with an AR15? Misses aren't as big of a deal when you've got lots of lead in the air but still those are cool to watch and look like they'd be fun. That's more eradication than hunting though.

Nobody mentions the wind on those long shots. Here is SE Wyoming, the wind blows 40+ mph a lot and gusts to 60-70. I'm not a big fan of running shots, but between a 100 yard running shot or a 600 yard shot in wind so bad you can't even lay steady in a prone position, I'd take the running shot.

If you guys want to come here and set up a competition, I'll be glad to host. But after hunting season. And if you bet, 10% of the winnings should go to a worthy wildlife cause.

Standing c
Shooting at paper and shooting a coyote are two different things. I’ll put $$ on the bet but we would have to find a way to arrange the competition.
Standing coyote at 600 yards. I can kill it. Still think shooting at running big game is a bad idea. I've killed a lot of crippled antelope some a-hole got a bullet in. No co.petition will prove a damn thing. Hope you never cripple an animal.
mtmuley

Standing c
Standing coyote at 600 yards. I can kill it. Still think shooting at running big game is a bad idea. I've killed a lot of crippled antelope some a-hole got a bullet in. No co.petition will prove a damn thing. Hope you never cripple an animal.

mtmuley

It all comes down to what you are comfortable and efficient at. If you grew up shooting jackrabbit’s running with a feather weight 270. Winney that usually translates well to hunting big game on the run. If you grew up shooting off a bench and numerous other shooting positions,,mastered wind drift LR hunting is probably more someone’s calling. It doesn’t matter either way as long as we know our limitations .
I will also add that every big game animal that I have killed running has been UNDER 300 yds.

It all comes down to what you are comfortable and efficient at. If you grew up shooting jackrabbit’s running with a feather weight 270. Winney that usually translates well to hunting big game on the run. If you grew up shooting off a bench and numerous other shooting positions,,mastered wind drift LR hunting is probably more someone’s calling. It doesn’t matter either way as long as we know our limitations .
I will also add that every big game animal that I have killed running has been UNDER 300 yds.
I'm pretty good with a rifle. The two I hunt with I've used for about 50 years. I was raised different. If caught my kid shooting at a runner, I'd take his rifle. mtmuley

Fred Eikler is a a really good shot on running coyotes. He kind of amazes me at times. My dad was an excellent shot with a model 721 Remington, 270 open sights. Under 200 yards always in the head. Never took a running shot over about 300 but he very seldom missed. I was a fair shot but not great. I really enjoyed getting close....cause I needed to !

I've shot more coyotes and hogs running even past 300 yards than I can count.

I don't do it on deer unless absolutely necessary.

I took a walking 400 yard shot at a wounded whitetail out of necessity once. I hit the deer and broke both his elbows and we recovered him within a couple of minutes. I never want to take that shot again.
Deer have elbows?

hey what do you all think of a running compound bow shot ? sounds crazy dont it . just wondering if anyone has shot a arrow at a running elk or deer

Standing c
mtmuley

Shooting a standing coyote at 600 yards is a difficult shot. If you can really kill one 90% of the time at 600 yards I would be very impressed. If you ever want to prove how good you are, I would be happy to set up 10 paper targets in the 550-650 range and give you 10 to 1 odds for $$ if you can hit a 6" circle 9 out of 10 shots.

I hope I don't cripple any animals either. If you hunt enough, you will have things not go perfectly and some animals will require more than one shot. In the last 15 years I've only taken a running shot on 2 deer and 1 elk. All three of them dropped on the first shot. I'll admitted to taking some shots that I had no business taking as a teenager. I don't go out trying to take running shots on animals and pass on most running shots. Even for coyotes I pass on running shots a large majority of the time. I had a coyote running at about 200-250 yards this morning and passed on taking that shot. As soon as he stopped at about 300 yards I dropped him.

hey what do you all think of a running compound bow shot ? sounds crazy dont it . just wondering if anyone has shot a arrow at a running elk or deer

I'm sure people have killed deer and elk on the run with a compound bow. As a general rule, moving animals and archery are a bad idea but I may make an exception if conditions were perfect. If I had an elk walking by me at 3 yards, I wouldn't hesitate to take him while walking if I felt good about the shot.

Shooting a standing coyote at 600 yards is a difficult shot. If you can really kill one 90% of the time at 600 yards I would be very impressed. If you ever want to prove how good you are, I would be happy to set up 10 paper targets in the 550-650 range and give you 10 to 1 odds for $$ if you can hit a 6" circle 9 out of 10 shots.

I hope I don't cripple any animals either. If you hunt enough, you will have things not go perfectly and some animals will require more than one shot. In the last 15 years I've only taken a running shot on 2 deer and 1 elk. All three of them dropped on the first shot. I'll admitted to taking some shots that I had no business taking as a teenager. I don't go out trying to take running shots on animals and pass on most running shots. Even for coyotes I pass on running shots a large majority of the time. I had a coyote running at about 200-250 yards this morning and passed on taking that shot. As soon as he stopped at about 300 yards I dropped him.
Like I said, it won't prove a damn thing. I've killed standing antelope at that yardage and beyond. Don't do it all the time, just when conditions dictate. I will not shoot a runner of any animal. Do what you need to. Out. mtmuley

I killed a deer on a run with a bow at 40 yards. Gave him a lead of about 2.5 feet. Shot hit home, he rolled further than he ran after the arrow hit him. You can try a shot on running animals with a bow, but unlike a rifle, you need to be really skilled or really lucky to hit the animal when they get out around 30 yards or more. Most people don’t have either, so running animals with bows are probably safe

I killed a deer on a run with a bow at 40 yards. Gave him a lead of about 2.5 feet. Shot hit home, he rolled further than he ran after the arrow hit him. You can try a shot on running animals with a bow, but unlike a rifle, you need to be really skilled or really lucky to hit the animal when they get out around 30 yards or more. Most people don’t have either, so running animals with bows are probably safe
WOW!!!!

I arrowed a buck on the run once. My first shot hit a twig I hadn’t seen and deflected just below the knee, breaking his leg. He whirled and ran quartering toward me with his leg spinning by the hide and I put one right through the ticker at 30 yards on a dead run. He rolled and died on the spot. I can promise it was way more luck than skill, just glad it worked.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom