308 norma mag

L

logger

i just aquired this gun and dont know anything about it.are they any good? i have shot a couple times and it seems to hold a good pattern at 250 yards. it has a old bausch-lomb scope on it.

they are on the same power level as the 300 Win. Mag. You may yell when it comes time to buy factory ammo. It is higher per box then 300 Win. mag. and sometimes hard to find in the smaller stores or back woods areas. If this becomes a problem later, it is very easy to re-chamber the gun to 300 Win. mag.

RELH

it's just a little shorter than a .300 win mag. holds a little less powder and shoots a little slower. good round, but i could never figure out why it was developed, when the trend seems to be bigger and faster. it's been around quite awhile. is it in a factory rifle or a custom? i've never seen a factory rifle chambered in it. just custom built ones with after market barrels.

I thought I was the only one around with this chambering . Mine is a Model of 1917 that was custom sporterized and rechambered in the 1960's to .308 Norma Magnum and given custom maplewood . Typically factory ammo will run $45-70 bucks per 20 cartridges. Everything that I have found out indicates that this is a great Elk round and has good knock down power. (I know you can tell you've shot a magnum after sighting it in.) Anyway good luck with this great round. Let me know if you find any good deals on ammo.

the only markings are on the barrel all they say are 308 norma mag. two guys on my crew both have normas and one reloads for me other than that i have'nt been able to find factory ammo.but i will keep looking.

I had one as well. Had an absolute bear of a time finding ammo for it, and when I could it cost a fortune. I had mine re-chambered for the 300 Win mag. The reason it is so hard to find ammo is because it was discontinued due to the fact that it was so close to the 300 win mag. My buddy also had one until it was stolen, both his and mine were very accurate and had plenty of knockdown power. Between us we have taken over 15 moose, and I can't recall ever having to track one, they all went down inside of 50 yds of where they were shot. Other than the availability of ammo I would highly recommend this caliber.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom