33 Nosler

Cass

Very Active Member
Hard to find much info on this round / gun so figured id throw up a post. Lookin for any feedback / reviews / any info. Pretty slim pickins on the ole interwebs. How do you like it? Some sites “say” its comparable / faster than the 338 lapua. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

I have shot the 330 for 20 years. Mine has a 30deg shoulder insted of the 35 degree shoulder the Nosler has. I shoot 270gr ELDX At 3050fps
I load 91r RL25. I have killed countless Deer and Elk with it. it’s amazing

it’s a 340WBY in a 06 action

Mine is in a 8lb Ruger It’s not for the timed or beginner
I used to shoot 225gr Accubonds out of it that was a killer also
It’s the only rifle I hunt with. All the rest stay at home

My bro is right in the middle of his new 33 Nosler rifle build so no input on performance.
What’s not to live with a .338 hunting rig!

Zeke

I have shot the 330 for 20 years. Mine has a 30deg shoulder insted of the 35 degree shoulder the Nosler has. I shoot 270gr ELDX At 3050fps
I load 91r RL25. I have killed countless Deer and Elk with it. it’s amazing

it’s a 340WBY in a 06 action

Mine is in a 8lb Ruger It’s not for the timed or beginner
I used to shoot 225gr Accubonds out of it that was a killer also
It’s the only rifle I hunt with. All the rest stay at home
91 gr of powder will fill more than two of my hot "manbun" loads!
Kinda makes me feel like a wuss... :cry: :cry:

When I was a younger man the 340wby was the North American rifle of rifles
But it’s push feed action. old Roy Weatherby got to meany complaints about recoil so his mark v weighed in at 10 pounds scope.
I wonted control feed and a rifle you could actually pack
The Ruger fits that bill. The skeleton stock is indestructible. And no I don’t take it shooting Prairie dog!!! But Deer and Elk ?! Recoil- not as bad as you would think.

No the 338 edge is a full length 300 ultra necked up to 338 no other modifications
I have one of them in a long range heavy we call that rifle THUMPER see my profile pic
It shoots 285ELD AT 2915fps
Leupold mark 4 8.5-24 with a 30 minute rail
Thumper has 2300yards of up scope movement

338 edge case is 2.840” long

330 case is 2.565” long
Shortened 300 ultra

I had a 33 nosler and wasn't impressed with it. I tried to reload several different combinations and couldn't get the velocity that were claimed. Accuracy also wasnt' very good (>2 moa). Velocity wise it's in between a 338 lapua and 338 win mag.

I had a 33 nosler and wasn't impressed with it. I tried to reload several different combinations and couldn't get the velocity that were claimed. Accuracy also wasnt' very good (>2 moa). Velocity wise it's in between a 338 lapua and 338 win mag.
Wow! >2Moa is pretty pathetic. Sorry for you!
I’ll suspect my bro’s 33 with his Proof Research barrel will outdo at least the accuracy you experienced. Velocity? That’s another matter and I’m sure he won’t hotrod too much.
Better than a 338 Win velocity is still descent for an elk thumper. We shall see.

Zeke

The edge is not pushed to the limit
Does it matter if You have to give your rifle a few more clicks up to get the distance?
Eld help all bullets are moly coated
The edge shoots 285
330 shoots 270
I get the same velocity out of 270 eld
I got from 250 accubonds
If Mtmuley can’t get it no one can
Must be magic

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom