.338 win mag .

One of the ?good things? about a .338 win is just about any factory load will be more than enough for elk.
When I got lazy, and ran out of time to hand load, I started trying factory loads.
My gun likes Barns Vortex 210s. One inch groups at 200 yards.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-16 AT 03:21PM (MST)[p]Vortex TTSX in 225gr around 57 bucks a box of 20 or Nosler trophy 225gr Accubond around 73 bucks for 20....Both of these are tremendous bullets and will get it done...Good luck and shoot straight!!!

There is a lot of good ammo out there these days. A lot of quality bullets for you to choose from. I have used my 338 for elk for years. It's a great caliber for Elk. I myself liked the Barnes loads.

I'm on the 2nd barrel for my 338, so I've shot quite a few loads through it over the years. My favorite bullets are 225's, though I've shot 250's a bit in Africa. Never shot any of the light bullets. Of the 225's, I like Nosler Partition, Accubond and Barnes TTSX. There are great factory loads for all of these bullets.

If you do your part with a good factory load and any of these bullets, you'll never have a problem with anything you may hunt with your 338.

I've had great results with Federal Vital Shok with the 210gr Nosler Partition.

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

Not really in the market for one, but a friend wants to sell me his 338Win Mag Ruger M77..It is in great shape..I might pull the trigger for 350..I am sure it is worth more than that .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom