365 wolf hunting approved effective immediately

Awesome. Always closed just prior to spring bear hunt. Now we will have tag in pocket for the opportunity if it presents it self. Big plus!!!
Always hear and see their sign. See several pups and yearlings

Deal changer yes. We have hunted bears in Idaho for over 15 years in a unit that the wolves hunt closes early. We did not want to change to a new unit that allowed wolves hunting later after learning our unit and having great success.

For a few years we kept talking about this hopefully happening.

May never kill a wolves, but will always have a tag in pocket just in case. ???

They should get rid of the wolf license if there going to open it up for the year, who in the hell is going to pack out a rubbed wolf in the spring and early summer, I’m not. Are you guys really going to bring in a pup to get checked in at the fish and game office?

to bad more hunters in ID dont trap instead ***** about how all the animals are gone! 300 licensed wolf trappers last year. They took more wolves than 40,000 hunting tag holders. Trapping is the only effective way to keep them in check.

I wish I could trap here, but I will keep hunting them. I did speak to a conservation officer yesterday. Wolves that are rubbed or have the mange can be left with a picture taken of them

to bad more hunters in ID dont trap instead ***** about how all the animals are gone! 300 licensed wolf trappers last year. They took more wolves than 40,000 hunting tag holders. Trapping is the only effective way to keep them in check.

Strychnine.

I'm all for doing anything to rid the states of as many wolves as possible but let's not forget that there's a lot of guys who hunt some places with dogs that are subject to poisoning.

Just curious, do you trap? How many do you take a year? How many sets do you have out?

Just took all the trapping classes, will be trapping as a NR. Just blows my mind is how many states out west with ungulate numbers declining and yet so few elk and deer hunters take the time to hunt bears,yotes, cats or wolves. Hunt 1 of them to help out. Stats out west are under 5% of elk and deer hunters actually hunt and target predators. I am not talking about guys who buy a bear tag then see a bear on their deer or elk hunt.

Just took all the trapping classes, will be trapping as a NR. Just blows my mind is how many states out west with ungulate numbers declining and yet so few elk and deer hunters take the time to hunt bears,yotes, cats or wolves. Hunt 1 of them to help out. Stats out west are under 5% of elk and deer hunters actually hunt and target predators. I am not talking about guys who buy a bear tag then see a bear on their deer or elk hunt.

I think it boils down to time and money for most.

I live in Boise and trapping is not an option. With kids in sports, and a job, checking traps every 72 hours (as required) 50-100 miles from my home is not feasible. I will kill predators though, and do.

I also put out news feeds here and on other sites. I think I had 5 people respond to my feed about the comment period on the 365 day hunting rule for wolves. On the other hand, one guy came on here bitching about mule deer populations in Idaho and had 100 posts from other guys complaining as well. So, 100 posts to complain, only 5 people would comment on liberating hunting seasons for wolves. That is apathy.

Maybe only 5 people responded to your post but 27,000 people responded to the fish and game comments post that’s why the hunting season was lengthened. I would say that’s quite a few comments. Our Mule Deer are in trouble from winter kills and over harvest and the never ending over lapping seasons.

Could you please post a link on the study done where they somehow determined less than 5% of hunter hunt predators @HUNTNNW ? Thanks in advanced...

Maybe only 5 people responded to your post but 27,000 people responded to the fish and game comments post that’s why the hunting season was lengthened. I would say that’s quite a few comments. Our Mule Deer are in trouble from winter kills and over harvest and the never ending over lapping seasons.

Agreed, but I was really speaking of the reality that most people apathetic. They want to complain, but do not want to do the hard work. This is specially true of social media and forums.

I have not trapped a wolf , I live in one of the few areas where trapping is not allowed but I hunt them hard. That’s the other problem the more pressure on them, wether trapping or hunting the smarter they get.

They are damn hard to kill on purpose. Trapping included. The new regulations might help, but I doubt it. It will be interesting to see counts going forward. mtmuley

My son and I would love to hunt them, just haven’t figured out where to start looking. We are non-residents but I belong to a duck club in Treasure Valley and hunt ducks quite a bit each season. I’d love to spend a week each duck season hunting wolves.

all the comments outta state were discarded which left around 5k ID comments and the majority favored more wolf harvest and longer seasons.

Just look up any states elk and deer tag license sales, then look up bear tag sales for example. Its very low compared, then coupled with the fact a huge percentage of the said predator tag sell goes guys who just buy them just incase. Its single digit percentage of these tags go to guys targeting bears

I know probably 50 - 100 guys that are hard core Idaho hunters. Each of them are chomping at the bit come Spring to get their baits out, and/or do some spring bear hunting. I disagree.

Just look up any states elk and deer tag license sales, then look up bear tag sales for example. Its very low compared, then coupled with the fact a huge percentage of the said predator tag sell goes guys who just buy them just incase. Its single digit percentage of these tags go to guys targeting bears
So you have no idea. Check.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom