36A-2 Rifle Elk 10-1 to 31st

Jimmyt

My brother drew this tag and was wondering if anyone was willing to give some advice or experience with this tag. thanks Jim

It's a great tag, scout 1-2 days before the hunt, go high, hike 2-3 hours before it gets light, and get into position, and you will get a shot!!!

Not sure if this is in your area, but the new land owner at the end of the East Fork, has closed off access to the trailhead. You will have to hike around the property the last 2 miles to get to the trail head. Crappy deal, if you are limited physically.

Not sure if this is in your area, but the new land owner at the end of the East Fork, has closed off access to the trailhead. You will have to hike around the property the last 2 miles to get to the trail head. Crappy deal, if you are limited physically.
What trailhead?

We were up there this last weekend for my son's Moose hunt and also have archery elk tags, it was so hot, nothing was moving or talking yet, we did see a small bull moose but he passed on it. There was an outfitter that just packed in a camp on the Bowrey trail

We were up there this last weekend for my son's Moose hunt and also have archery elk tags, it was so hot, nothing was moving or talking yet, we did see a small bull moose but he passed on it. There was an outfitter that just packed in a camp on the Bowrey trail
last year there were some people who had a moose tag for that area. They were trying to get a big bull moose behind Wiciup Ranch (sp). Not sure if they got him, but it might be worth a look. Guess he was a big one. It's the ranch on the right, with the airstrip, when you are headed up the East Fork.

last year there were some people who had a moose tag for that area. They were trying to get a big bull moose behind Wiciup Ranch (sp). Not sure if they got him, but it might be worth a look. Guess he was a big one. It's the ranch on the right, with the airstrip, when you are headed up the East Fork.
Thanks for the tip! We will check it out next trip,

you could go in the back way from Galena but man thats some steep ch!t
You are 2+ miles from the Bowery guard station gate. I rode up Galena last week trying to go over the top into the East fork. I'm not an expert, but I can ride. I would say that you had better know what you are doing to go in Galina trail, and try to get in the East fork. There are some hairy areas, and 4 creek crossings.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom