3rd season

saw a metric butt ton of elk also saw a couple decent bucks nothing worth shootin at yet. Wish I had bought a otc bull tag.

Was with a guy that had a 67 deer tag, traded out this morning on a 150 clas 4 point, saw over 250 bucks, only three deer in this age class. Spent 4 total days there. Seen three bulls, one in the 330 range. Took 21 points to draw.

My buddy killed this one this morning. Really good buck

71BE5DF6-D3AD-4DE0-8FC6-5A5E375CB8B6.jpeg

Was with a guy that had a 67 deer tag, traded out this morning on a 150 clas 4 point, saw over 250 bucks, only three deer in this age class. Spent 4 total days there. Seen three bulls, one in the 330 range. Took 21 points to draw.
How does 67 compare to 66

I don't have permission to post his picture but Here is the deer, it was a great time. Met some interesting dudes for sure hope with that many average and smaller bucks running around that the unit has an uptick in quality, the best deer that we saw were not with does and alone pretty high up. This guy was in a more recoverable spot for a 65 year old guy.

Screenshot_20221113_155819_Gallery.jpg

I don't have permission to post his picture but Here is the deer, it was a great time. Met some interesting dudes for sure hope with that many average and smaller bucks running around that the unit has an uptick in quality, the best deer that we saw were not with does and alone pretty high up. This guy was in a more recoverable spot for a 65 year old guy.

View attachment 93317
Congrats to the hunter!

250 bucks in 4 days. Is the zero a typo?

250 bucks in 4 days. Is the zero a typo?
No, we worked our asses off.. from rock creek on the west side to rock creek on the east side. Between 66 and 67 were the most bucks, huntsmans flat had two large bachelor groups. North of Iron Hill had the most bucks for the area. South of Honey Badger mine has the best buck left, big 4x3, larger than the one we killed. Also 100 head of cow elk and a couple bulls. Long park road had quite a few bucks. Couple other roads and areas also.

Averaging over 60 bucks a day is bonkers. I bet thats more bucks than I've seen in the last 5 years. I need to move asap!! lol

View attachment 93317
Congrats. Good genes, probably a 2.5 or 3.5 year old?

250 bucks is a ton! It’s also absurd that you didn’t see multiple deer over 180” in that unit, out of the 250 you saw.
If I looked at 250 bucks in just about any unit in Colorado, better be seeing a couple in that class. Just saying, basin is hugely overrated and not worth the points.

250 bucks is a ton! It’s also absurd that you didn’t see multiple deer over 180” in that unit, out of the 250 you saw.
If I looked at 250 bucks in just about any unit in Colorado, better be seeing a couple in that class. Just saying, basin is hugely overrated and not worth the points.

I’ve heard a few reports of a couple more decent bucks running does. I’ll be out Thursday for a last hoorah.
Good luck ?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom