4 nr points looking at a late season hunt

Tbone sutton

Any advice on a unit I could draw. Or should I wait a few years. I've looked into the block units has any one had any experience with them.

do not wait, APPLY ... go with units that have the most tags to be drawn. Unit 6A ( 3015 ) 1st or 2nd choice would offer a reasonable chance to draw ... Bruce & SilverGrand
2124.jpeg

im in the same boat with 4 points. I wanna get my loyalty point this year so im gonna apply for a pretty high demand late season tag and if I draw it on a lottery great, if not ill get my loyaly point and keep building until I have enough to draw a unit I want to hunt. far as what im seeing, odds are still fairly steep any any of the Arizona late season hunts. good luck to you. I hope you draw. id definitely apply tho.

i take that back. I havnt looked for quite awhile at draw odds. there are a few units that are good odds of drawing with 4 points late season elk.

Apply! Pick a higher point unit as a first choice, you might get lucky with how the AZ draw works.

Even if you draw, you still get the loyalty point for next year. And if you have the hunter ed point, you start over with 2 pts.

Good luck!

Just for your info. The bonus pass is first. If you have enough points to draw your second choice you will get that tag and be out of the draw before the random draw takes place. You have zero chance at that first choice.

thanks desperatehills, that's good to know. this year I only applied for first choice and not a second because im 90% sure im gonna draw a speed goat tag in wyo this year. if I get lucky and draw kaibab late season elk then I will not apply for antelope in wyo so either way is a win win. thanks for the info.

thanks desperatehills, that's good to know. this year I only applied for first choice and not a second because im 90% sure im gonna draw a speed goat tag in wyo this year. if I get lucky and draw kaibab late season elk then I will not apply for antelope in wyo so either way is a win win. thanks for the info.
Forrest you might as well apply for both choices... They look at both choices before the next applicant so might as well shoot for the moon on both choices and maybe get lucky

dosnt look like its gonna let me unless there is another way to do it. every time I click elk and submit it says An applicant on this application may already be on a paid application for this species. dosnt say where I can add application or anything about adding a 2nd choice app. no worries tho.

Cforrest88, just be careful when applying for a tough to draw late hunt. I did that in 1996 for unit 9 late rifle bull, after drawing a unit 9 archery bull tag in 1992. I had another hunt I was going on, so figured I’d play it safe by applying for a unit I wouldn’t draw. Yep, I drew. That’s a tough late hunt. Had I not drawn, I’d now be sitting on 26 or 27 elk points. nowadays, if you don’t want to draw, put in for a bonus point instead of a hunt.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom