4 or 6 arrow quiver

COSA

Looking at getting a fuse 2 piece quiver. Pros vs. Cons of having 2 extra arrows in the quiver?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-09 AT 11:31AM (MST)[p]I usually take 6 arrows for a longer trip. 4 broadheads, 1 small game, and 1 judo. Misses, lost arrows, and screwed up fletchings can happen when toting your bow all over the place. So I really have to screw things up to use 4 broadheaded arrows. If I go through 4 broadheads and not animal down....i'm going home...

Then again, if you wanna ditch the small game and judo heads, a 4 quiver wouldn't be bad. I just like shooting the judo around on hikes and the small game head in case a squirrel and I have a disagreement.

I use a 4 and keep extras at camp. The 4 is smaller and lighter. But I have the backups if needed.

Fish4evr.

I just got a Tightspot quiver (http://www.tightspotquiver.com). These are a new one out since the ATA show. It is a removable with carbon rods and has a 5 arrow capacity. How about that for right in between what you're looking for, LOL!!!! :)

It has a couple of really cool features that I haven't found in any other quiver. The arrow gripper has wedges that you can adjust to your arrow size and over time so your arrows never fall out. It's also the closest to the bow I've ever seen to make it as torque free as possible. The mechanism to remove it from the bow is a dove tail that tightens and loosens like a quick release on a bicycle wheel.

Anyway I think it's a pretty good compromise between the 4 and 6 arrow quivers. I figure that if I need more than 5 arrows I'm in serious trouble.

Cheers,
Pete

I killed an elk with the 5th arrow in my quiver once so I always carry the most I can. Buck fever happens, Misses happen, wounded animals happen...
Just my humble opinion,
Mike

You only need one arrow!! lol.....

Go with the 6...never hurts to have extra!

Jared "J-Rod" Bloomgren
PSE Pro Staff
America's Best Bowstrings Pro Staff
Sitka Gear Pro Staff
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
Wac'em Broadheads Pro Staff
Hips Targets Pro Staff
Team UOA Pro Staff www.teamuoa.com
www.myspace.com/jaredbloomgren
http://www.camospace.com/Bloomgren

"Getting close to game undetected and maintaining self control while delivering a well placed shot are the true keys to bowhunting success." -M.R.James

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom