4 Wheelers!!!!!!!

bowedark

Should 4 wheels be allowed in national forests during the hunting season????

Have you ever been set up on old logging road that is closed off and here comes a 4 wheel??????

I have one. I think that a good way would be that a 4 wheelers not allowed in the national forest until noon that would give everybody a chance in the national forest undisturbed & u could get your game out at that time.

I got the idea from hunting in Saskatchewan Canada which 4 Wheelers are not allowed on Crown land until noon.

I like the idea of it.

Bowedark

I like your idea...I might be wrong but here in Washington state you cant ride 4 wheelers on forest service roads...most of the gated roads here say "no motorized vehicles beyond this point" Somebody who has quads might beable to correct me however.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-16-05 AT 04:34PM (MST)[p]let what the damn poltics want to do. we cant change it. its there way or the highway.

just like to wolf thing. they wont let us do for what is best.

I think every 4 wheeler but mine should be banned......

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

I think four wheelers are ruining this great sport. People have gotten so lazy that they dont want to work for their game and they are ruining it for other people. Four wheelers are out of control, it brings into question fair chase. I know I'm not the only one who has seen people chasing deer or antelope down with a four wheeler and then shooting at them. I think four wheelers should be used to get animals out and thats it. It all comes down to respect- respect for other hunters, respect for the land, and respect for the animals.

4 wheels/atvs ruining the hunt?
Every time I go down to the cycle shop I give a wide birth around those bad boys..Just like guns at the gun shop you never know when one is going to jump down off the wall and run over to kill someone!!! I have heard of a shop where five or six of the damn things brake out evey night and go crusin the forest on their own! So watch out they may learn to fight back when you go to pull their plug wire/give 'em a high altitude tune up.RIMROCK

>Good lord, do we really need
>to re-debate this every fricken
>week?
>
>
>-DallanC

No Kidding!

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

ban the quads! ya right!
stop crying if you are dumb enough to set up on a logging road you deserve to suck dust! if its a quad you want to ban good luck only then you choking arse will see jeeps,trucks,motorcycles and the outlaw quad hunters!
Rimrock338 I am CAMO'n my Quad now so you will never see it!
LOL
RACKMASTER

Bowedark, in response to your comments--All of the rules and regulations in the world make little difference without enforcement. We have people running all over out here where the regulations/laws state they shouldn't. Those particular people aren't going to change those habits with a change in regs.

>ban the quads! ya right!
>stop crying if you are dumb
>enough to set up on
>a logging road you deserve
>to suck dust! if its
>a quad you want to
>ban good luck only then
>you choking arse will see
>jeeps,trucks,motorcycles and the outlaw quad
>hunters!
>Rimrock338 I am CAMO'n my Quad
>now so you will never
>see it!
>LOL
>RACKMASTER

Right on, Rackmaster! Although, I don't own one (wish I did for retrieving game) this kinda sounds like the ban guns deal! I have seen many quad tracks through areas posted "no motor vehicles" and that pisses me off to no end, but I don't think that we should punish the law abiding folks that use their "vehicles" properly!

JMHO!

Jackmaster
I'm already there, the Kodiak came camo'd.I seen the things to come.Now when I'm in the forest hunting, I cruse down a trail-get going about thirty or so-find a nice clump of bushes, jump off and let it fly on in.works great, even took me to days two find it last time out!I'm working on training it to come out on it's own when I give a whistle:RIMROCK

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!

DO I POST MY OPPINION AGAIN???

OR DO YOU ALREADY KNOW IT???

VENTURE INTO THE PRIMITIVE ON YOUR SCOOTER,UNI-CYCLE WITH MOTOR,SCATEBOARD WITH CHAINSAW ENGINE,RED RYDER WAGON WITH VW ENGINE,MOTORCYCLE,GATOR,JEEP,TRUCKS,DIRT BIKE AND YES YOUR 'WHEELER', FEEL FREE TO BE NERVOUS,YOUR VEHICLE IS IN DANGER,ALONG WITH A FEW PERSONAL TUNE-UPS HAPPENING ALSO!!!

YOU HAPPY NOW JACKMASTER,I DIDN'T JUST MENTION WHEELERS!!!

THE ONLY bobcat HUNTING BACK IN A WAYS,SOMETIMES NOT FAR ENOUGH,TRYING TO GET BACK IN FURTHER THAN THE LAWBREAKERS THAT CAN'T READ,SOME OF THESE JOKERS MUST NOT OF MADE IT THROUGH KINDERGARTEN!!!

How's this for an idea;Build a body that looks like a horse for a atv.Ya it might just work,Saddle and all.That way you can galup it into the wilderness area,tie it up and no one would know the differance.Even put fake biscuits under it!:RIMROCK

you said GATOR!....
He seems good enough guy..why....Gator?
He may just be tuff enuff to not let a tune up happen!
THE ONLY RACKMASTER WONDERING IF BOBCATBESS SHOULD CHANGE HIS NAME TO "DOG" (DOG SEEMS TO FIND WHAT HES LOOKING FOR).

Let me tell you anti's something..... This cats sticking to his
2 4-wheelers. And, of course they will not be taken off road. Unless, that is, in case of a dire situation.

Such as, Medical emergency, to transport a member of the SFW to his favorite huntin spot, and of course, to help old Bessy retrieve his downed spike!!!!!

The only bobcat diving a Kodiak 400!!!!!!!

Lazy slobs who take their 4 wheelers off of the roads because they're too lazy to walk are the worst thing to ever happen to hunting !
If you're too fat and lazy to walk then stay home on the couch and watch Biscuits McNeely impersonate a hunter on TV , that way you can enjoy the sport with minimal physical effort and your puss sacks will continue to grow as you hone your skills as a slob hunter .
Then those of us who like to get in shape and work for our rewards can hunt the roadless areas without the chance of some lazy disgusting toad riding his machine were it doesn't belong and generally ruin a quality fair chase hunt for everyone else on the mountain .
Of course I'm not talking about anyone on this website ...... am I ?

slob hunters do not have to own quads!
they can be the any beer chuggin,chew chawing,loud mouth,toofis,
dumbass,lazy,disgusting toad who whine about lazy hunters on Quads who are just riding around and say nothing about them being where there not supposed to be!
that lableing me because I own a quad! (min effort or not I hunt and break no laws,repect other,lend a hand to others when needed)
So you are talkin to everyone one this site who rides!
I bet you are one of the many guys I see who never even get out of their pickup(an may even bump your puss sack against you fist while looking at all the fat slob quad hunter cracks!).
Come on just say you I love quads and come out!
Rackmaster

4-wheelers are not even an issue where we hunt, some hunters have them but are pretty good about staying on the main roads. What is worse are the freaking motorcycle riders. There is a big 3x3 foot sign saying "No Motorized Vehicles", does that stop them? Hell no, they just waltz right through the gate, you can hear them going for 3 miles down the freaking canyon.

The issue for me is the satisfaction of the overall hunting experience.I search long and hard for a couple places in this vast western landscape for a road-free environment for a long, challenging hunt in a pristine setting, where the opportunity exists to spot a lot of game and very few people.
Some gun-packers and their quad thinks he has the same right to hunt the same canyon I do but physically can't make the hike. You don't unless you find a legal way of getting in. We all will get old and will not be able to hunt some of our honey holes. There is plenty of roads and areas for ATV's. I have complained to Forest Service, Game Officials, and Politicians and will continue as long as I hear this slothful, noisy ORV "hunting" behind closed gates. I enjoy my ATV's where appropriate, I am angry with those that "off-road" or sneak around gates, etc....All of you other ATV operators should really educate and do whatever it takes to keep your right because let me tell you, when the ban of ATV on certain lands in certain seasons arrives (and by the way ATV misuse is going, it will arrive) I will sign it.

Who can argue ATV misuse is negatively affecting the sport and hunting overall?

PS. Did we have to approach this subject again?

Ya, My vote is to only allow Diesel powered trucks on the roads from 2 PM to 4 PM. That way they won't blow all their stinky smoke everywhere.

While we are talking about banning things, I have an idea or two. #1. Why dont we ban the frickin 4-wheeler or Quad words from ever being used on this site again.
#2. Make another forum here called "##### About Quads Here". That way only those that give a !@#$ ever go there.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-17-05 AT 02:23PM (MST)[p]RACKMASTER
Your reply to my post was certainly articulate and well written , given your limited capacity , and on it's own merit does not require further debate .

However , You may want to rethink one statement you made about " talking to everyone on this site who rides " being a " lazy slob who rides his 4 wheeler off-road because they're too lazy to walk " .
You may be the only person defending that honor .

JACKMASTER

I WASN'T REFERING TO MM MEMBER GATOR!!!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT A 6 WHEELED WHEELER IS???

IT'S A GATOR!!!

YOU NEED TO TAKE A CHILL PILL,SEASONS GETTING TO CLOSE,LOL!!!

THE ONLY bobcat SUGGESTING ONCE & AGAIN,OBEY THE RULES & YOU'LL NEVER ONCE BE WORRIED ABOUT TRYING TO FIND A NEW PISTON AT 12,000 FEET!!!

Jackmaster:
I'd say it would be fairtochaseben(say fella)on a wheeler:
You know the only guy on this site thats has earned the right
to kick our butts and take our lunch money is bessy...RIMROCK

This is pretty entertaining, I own a few quads myself and I can only laugh when I here talk about banning them in the National Forests. For me personally it dosen't make much difference as mine are used only for play in the dunes.

The biggest problem with ATV's in general are the people that use them. I get more upset when I drive into our hunting spots and have to pass all the garbage, beer cans and other waste that the slob hunters of the world see fit to throw along the roads then I do when I see an ATV on a old logging road. Now if that road is closed to travel and we have several areas that are part of travel management units here in OR. I say it dosen't matter if the guy is on an atv, suv or pick up. He obviously can't read or dont care and will disrupt others hunting experience anyway and he will be breaking the law no matter where he's at or what mode of transportation he chooses.

For everyone who says ban the ATV's, I say don't waste your time. Focus on the real problem the idiot riders and the improvment of enforcement of the laws that are ment to restrict the already heavily regulated use atv's on public land.

Everyone of us has the potential to break the law everytime we go afield. Some of us are responsible hunters and citizens, others just don't care. It doesn't matter it your in the remote wilderness or downtown violaters are going to violate.

Like I've said in the past, I don't have any problems with 4-wheelers as long as they are obeying laws. I don't own one but if I did I would only drive them where permitted here, main roads, no where else.

Lots of other people use public land besides hunters. There are many non-hunters that ride atvs and should have the same opportunities to use public land as everyone else.
-Raptor

I think the problem with ATVs and motorcycles is the damage they cause, of course cattle, horses, bicycle riders, etc cause damage as well. Even though they don't make the noise a motorized vehicle does.
I guess they go on noise and damage done when looking at where they should or could go. I know I do hate it though when I'm down in the canyon and can here some motorcycle going down the trail (when there is a big posted sign at the gate saying they are not supposed to). Why should they break the rules when most others are trying to abide by them?
I'm not saying outlaw them by any means, they have just as much right up there. I also said in the past, in our unit there are few 4 wheelers, but what are they do a good job in staying on permitted roads. Our big problem is motorcycle riders, mainly the noise they create.

The ATV's aren't the problem, the slob idiots that don't use them correctly are. Slobs are slobs, whether they have ATV's, Jeeps, 2 wheelers or whatever. The same guy that chases deer and road hunts is the same guy that leaves trash in his camp, gut piles at waterholes and acts like an A$$ at circle k's and cafe's in his camo's. A jerk is a jerk is a jerk, the problem is that the slobs are the one's that are more likely to by a quad with the intention of being lazy and misusing them. Its too bad because a quad is a great tool if used correctly. There's no sense in being anti about all quads because yer just gonna piss the good users off and create divisions like this. I'm sure that the guys that come to this forum are all very responsable quad users so go after the abusers not the users. If we're not careful and if we don't learn to police our own we're gonna lose all access to the land we love to hunt. Next time you see someone misusing an ATV, go politly explain to him the err he has made and maybe you'll get a good response and if he acts like a jerk slob write down his plate #'s, truck, trailer and if he has one his bike and let him know you'll turn him in if he dopes it again, if he's still being a jerk, turn him in. There are ways to get what you want without ruffling feathers, you just gotta be creative. I can tell you this, it ain't gonna change unless you quit pissing and moaning and actually do something about it.

Just my 2 cents.
Donnie

bowdark is mad because he was set up on a road and someone drove up on him.

I know I'm not the only one who has seen people chasing deer or antelope down with a four wheeler and then shooting at them. I think four wheelers should be used to get animals out and thats it. It all comes down to respect- respect for other hunters, respect for the land, and respect for the animals.

Nice bigbuck1, how many people have acutally witnessed this.

I have actually witnessed the very same thing a fews years ago on a archery deer hunt, Me and my son were watching a couple small bucks feeding across a clearing when all of a sudden here comes a guy on a quad decked out in camo and saw the deer and took off across the clearing chasing them on the quad, he went through the clearing and chased them well into the treeline until we lost site of them, my son looked at me like what the *@*@*^$, I reported it to the game and fish officer and he told me it was a forest service deal, Ok so the next forest service person that I ran into I reported it to them and they told me it was a game and fish deal, Needless to say I don't think it ever got resolved,Maybe next time one of those big rubber blunts, no that wouldn't work either.

If there were not a problem this subject would never be brought up. I say ban them from all national forest with the exception of a couple place were they can ride and allowed to pack out (quad out) game.

or atleast make them all licensed with normal sized plates so those of us that dont like the forest torn up can take a license plate #

That's a shame masterbater , you've been the only one so far with enough stones to admit that you're too lazy to walk !

BUT JACKMASTER!!!

YOU DIDN'T LIKE THIS POST THE 2OTH TIME IT SHOWED UP LET ALONE THE 50TH TIME!!!

THE ONLY bobcat SUGGESTING NOT TO GET MAD,YOU DON'T BREAK THE LAWS YOU'LL NEVER ONCE HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE JET-JOB!!!

I am not a big fan of ATV use during hunting season, but I will admit they are great for packing out game. With that being said I don't think they should be shut down. In fact they should be able to ride wherever and whenever as long as it's within the law. I just wish there was a law prohibiting possosion of a gun or bow on a Quad during a big game hunting season. This would protect the non hunting atv party and be a step in restoring hunting to what it should be, and still be able to use them to retrieve game. This would also make it an easy law to enforce from a distance with no gray area. This would eliminate almost all Quad traffic during the season, because as you know 98% of all atv traffic at that time of the year is hunters not recreational riders.
This just seems like a happy medium to me without being to extreme, because as a hunter that spends all year staying phisically fit for the sole reason of hunting, I wish they were banned completely during hunting season.

Koyote

DEAR FAIRCHASINGBEN
I miss you so much!!!!(wink)
I have been way busy and will have to put our relationship on hold(letting you crawl back into the closet)until febuary(hope the other halves never find out about us).
I know your crushed and your heart is broke(god know I am going to miss you and those pom-poms and that pink mini skirt)! However you do not need to call you'r daddy names!
Heres to you finding Ben til then goodluck....XOXOXO!!
SCOUTING MY ASS OFF...\

BOBCATBESS!
I found a NEW LOVE(SORRY FAIRCHASINGBEN!!)and a true redhead!
Seeing the light of day!(I even ended the office mess!)

rackmaster

It's bad enough that you're a lazy slob hunter , but a gay lazy slob hunter !!!
I can't deal with that , you make my skin crawl you sick s.o.b you need help !

JACKMASTER!!!

SHE WAS JUST A RED HEAD!!!

NOW SHE'S A TRUE RED HEAD!!!

WAIT TILL SHE PULLS THE PLUG WIRE OFF THAT GRIZZLY!!!

HAVE YOU BEEN HUNTING YET???

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING A MIKUNI MIGHT BE ANOTHER ITEM HARD TO FIND IN THE PRIMITIVE!!!

BOBCATBESS-
No! still waiting for the opener!
Fairchaseingben I am trying to quit!
however you need to get in touch with your true feeling!
Have fun!
rack

Jackmaster:
You two timing b!tch what is ms. ewe going to think??!!
Giving up a true Montana blond for a maybe red head,Another thing watch out for Ben,Brucey might be just around the corner.:RIMROCK

Sorry Rimrock,
she likes woman too!!!!
things are very good right now! even the ex is being cool!
and seasons gonna open soon! camper and quads ready to go! new rubber,brakes on the V10! (only have to drive 400mi to the zone!)getting giddy!
I had to make an pac with my self that its hunters only trip! hoping for a early fall!(or at lease cold nights). this time of year dogs get a little on edge! they know season here soon too(trying to put some fat on the machine,he just burns it off! endless energy,god bless a 3yr old black labs drive on pursuit for perfection).
Think twice before jumping that fence..........you may get stuck!
Rackmaster

At least you fourwheeler guys make for good entertainment. Anyone close enough to pack out a MT muley? I just say use em right, and no problem. Got to go,I have a Montana blonde to deal with. A six pack of them actually.(long neck Miller High Lifes) Good hunting to all. mtmuley

Guess what, with the friggin gas prices, you'll probably see me using by quad to get around more than you'll see me in my truck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom