41-1 Elk - Oct 1st Rifle

Bwht4x4

Very Active Member
Anyone with any experience in 41 have any idea what the bulls will be doing on this Oct 1st rifle hunt? Based on the dates I'm hoping for solid bulging, but not sure the density of elk will be very high this early since it seems more of a migratory hunt.

Should the first 300 inch bull be shot or wait for bigger?

Thanks

Do not shoot the first one you see...There will be plenty of bulls in the unit and coming out of Nevada,, Very open country, glassing is the key. Not a big area though, watch out for Res land, it's unposted.

Have a fun one

I've hunted it before in November. Definitely a lot more elk late November December and January. I really think that could be a tough hunt. I'd wait as late as possible and hope something worth shooting shows up. Last week of that hunt bulls should start moving off cows hopefully a few start moving out of Nevada. Super isolated but amazing country good luck!

My wife has this tag we were unable to hunt the first weekend.I am fairly familiar with the area,we were down there last weekend covered a ton of ground and saw just a couple elk a long ways away. Saw one of the other 10 tag holders and didn't hear any shots.Could be some snow this weekend, heading out tomorrow morning...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom