41 Antelope

fuzzyvelvet

I drew a 41 rifle antelope tag for NM. Any suggestions on areas to concentrate? Anyone have any pics of the area or bucks killed in the unit? What size of bucks can I expect to see? What is the top end size of the unit? Thanks.

I drew a 41 rifle antelope tag for NM. Any suggestions on areas to concentrate? Anyone have any pics of the area or bucks killed in the unit? What size of bucks can I expect to see? What is the top end size of the unit? Thanks.
Congrats on the tag. We hunted 41-42 last year on private during the archery hunt near Logan New Mexico. There was public land amongst the private but ONX is a must to see where you are at all times. The biggest buck we saw was on the 41 side. He was all of mid 80’s if not better. I killed a 82-3/8” goat on the 42 side. I would say your looking at mid 70’s goats on average.

Congrats on the tag. We hunted 41-42 last year on private during the archery hunt near Logan New Mexico. There was public land amongst the private but ONX is a must to see where you are at all times. The biggest buck we saw was on the 41 side. He was all of mid 80’s if not better. I killed a 82-3/8” goat on the 42 side. I would say your looking at mid 70’s goats on average.
Thanks for the help. I assume most of that public ground is pretty similar with goats everywhere??

1619824476447.png

You are going to see antelope and big mulies but a lot of them are on private don’t go over there without a gps shot a buck over there and the cops were there quick locals called them had to show the cop on my gps it was public land.

Just wanted to provide an update. I was able to connect with a good buck on day 1.5 of a 3-day hunt in 41. Jarhead, your post was spot on. We saw a good many goats, 80% of which were on private. We saw a toad of a muley on 41/59 border, on the 59 side.

How did everyone else do?

Just wanted to provide an update. I was able to connect with a good buck on day 1.5 of a 3-day hunt in 41. Jarhead, your post was spot on. We saw a good many goats, 80% of which were on private. We saw a toad of a muley on 41/59 border, on the 59 side.

How did everyone else do?
Sweet. Did you get a good one? I tagged out on the last day with a mid 70s buck. Was tough finding much better on public.

My brother drew unit 42 youth aug13-15. I hope you got some good hunts this year . I was wondering if anyone had tips anything will help I really appreciate it. It’s just me and my brother

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom