42 junior camp

ruthunter

How many monstermuley's members are going to be at the 42 junior camp? I will be helping my nephew on his 1st hunt, should be a great time look forward to meeting some new people..

I live on the other side of the Belmonts from that camp. I may stop in. It's just a very short drive. My family all drew 42 general tags. I may have a buck or two staked out for someone assuming I can find them.

I am planning on camping at the junior camp as my 10 year old son has his first deer tag. I will be there with my brother "ruthunter". Look forward to meeting some new people. I am headed to unit 42 in the morning for day two of scouting.

I was just up in that area the last day and a half - new part of the unit for me. We're not able to hunt til the 21st so I'm not sure if we'll make it to the camp - would like to though. My normal spot(s) are pretty far away from the camp site.

Ryan

How's the scouting coming along? I got out again last week for a full day. Didn't turn up any deer but found a lot of fresh sign in 3 of my usual spots and put out my cams. If it stays dry I think we have a decent chance. My boy is getting excited. I got him a cheaper pair of 10x42 binos,he's been walking a mile on the treadmill every day and we go and shoot again this week.

Ryan

We are still seeing alot of does,last week we did glass up 2 bucks so hopefully this area doesnt get hammered by the general hunt. Doesnt make sense to me that game and fish would put a jr hunt after the general hunt anybody no why?

This is what "ruthunter" and I have seen on our scouting trips :
Day #1 (7) does. Day #2 (3) does. Day #3 (1) buck (2) not sure of sex and (2) does. Day #4 (2) bucks and (5) does. Have not been out since last week. It has been extremely hard to find bucks, we have glassed our butts off everytime out.

I just got in from taking my 80 year old dad out. From the guys I talked to it is brutal and they are blaming it on the huge amounts of hunters that are congested into small areas. My bro in law told me that there was no place he had been that there hadn't been a quad.
I had some friends camped near the 44A/42 boundary. That is usually a decent area but there are some huge camps in there this year. I have seen more outfitter camps on the south end of the Vultures than any time that I can remember. I killed my first deer in 42 44 years ago so I can remember that far back anyway.

Good luck guys. It is going to be a tough hunt for most. BTW, my dad tagged out 20 minutes after he started hunting. He said it was his guide :=)

Here are a few bucks i saw scouting this evening that are still alive in 42.
520042_015.jpg

I'm gonna have my son hunting in there. This year we saw more big bucks than we ever have in the last four years of hunting the general hunt. My hunter missed a big 30" 4x4 at 60 yards and we also had an opportunity at a bigger buck earlier that day. We never saw a single hunter where we were hunting we had the place all to our selves. I'm debating whether or not what buck I want my son to shoot. I've got about five bucks ranging from 160 to 180+ that are staying glued in an area between all the hunting pressure.

Gun control is a good aim and a steady rest

So I have heard from a few guys that were out there and by all accounts everything was a huge success. There were 4 or 5 deer that got brought into camp. Great Food and company. There is a really nice write up and pictures over at thearizonahunter.com page..

Congrats to all that was involved

John

The junior camp was a huge success i got to meet new people and every kid won a raffle prize and walked away with a huge smile. I got to watch my 10 year old nephew harvest his first buck and the smile he had on his face told it all. Thanks to craig, RL ,and every volunteer who helped with the food and kids. Congrats to all the successful kids who shot a deer and im lookin forward to next year.

4854new_025.jpg

428new_014.jpg

What a great Jr camp. Thanks to everyone involved at the camp. I got to meet several people and eveyone was super friendly. My 10 year old son got his first buck and he was one happy kid. Great memories and look forward to next year.

Congrats to all the kids. They are our future.

Saw 27 deer in 3.5 days but all were does. Many were within range or easily stalkable but we just couldn't turn up a buck. We both had fun and think we'll try for the tag again. Thanks to those that helped us out - much appreciated!

Ryan

Ryan, I would think of seeing that many does there would be at least a spike or forkie still hanging out with mama.

Yep, you would think but I checked em all with the spotter and all does. There was only 1 deer that I couldn't confirm that fed over a rise before I could get a good look but considering all the others it was with were does I assumed it was too. Definitely didn't see any obvious bucks. Its possible a spike could of snuck by us. We were glad just to see a lot of deer and he's not disappointed with the hunt. We figured that eventually a buck would show up but we ran out of time to hunt.

Ryan

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom