45-1 elk

Davesmith82

Just wondering if my friends and I would be wasting our points and time on this unit. We have 13 nr points, we had a buddy that lived close by and told us to put in for that unit. All that I’ve been checking and reading on is that its all gone down hill. Any kind of info might help us before we put in for tags these next couple months. Thanks all

Dont waste 13 points on it. It is a fraction of what it used to be. I had a buddy go out there this year to help a friend. Between him and me, weve been out there almost every year for the last 7 years. It has been on a very steep down hill slope, almost cliff like last year. But if you do go, good luck.

I've hunted it a couple times but from what I hear it's not worth 13 points. I'd look elsewhere even if you have to build a few more points.

It was a TOUGH hunt this year. I had the archery tag. Spent about 20 days in the unit. I had my chances. Blew a few of them and killed two branches that got in the way of my arrow. Saw one 370+ bull but couldn’t get close enough. Saw a hand full of 350 bulls and a bunch of 330 bulls. The rut was non existent which made the archery hunt tough. It’s thick and not a lot of high glassing points so finding elk when they don’t bugle is tough. With that said I had more than my fair share of chances. The rifle hunt was worse. One of the guys in camp had that tag. They got forced off the mtn due to early massive snow.

I wonder if that is relative scoring or realistic scoring? I spend the majority of my hunting time in this unit, it does hold some very big bulls but to see that many north of 330 is pretty darn lucky...

E50181FC-21DC-49C0-B597-AF3CBC7E08E2.jpeg

I wonder if that is relative scoring or realistic scoring? I spend the majority of my hunting time in this unit, it does hold some very big bulls but to see that many north of 330 is pretty darn lucky...
Luck yes but also around 200 boot miles and 20 days on the mountain.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom