47" Muley Poached In West Texas

hunt1

Has anybody got to see the pics of this monster that was shot a couple weeks ago? Apparently, a guy was supposedly hunting in the Andrews County muley season and crossed over to Gaines County where he shot the deer. He ended up running his lips about the deer and had the deer confiscated by the Texas G&F.

There is not big game season in Gaines County and the deer was on a rancher's property and was seen frequently. A friend is waiting to get the pics from a Texas warden, just didn't know if they had gotten out yet.

You sure that this just happened, seems like there was something simular a year or so ago down there? Not saying you are wrong, just sounds like the same type of conditions.

Brian

A friend went on that same hunt (2 weeks ago) and was shown the picture by a game warden. The GW told him the story and that they just busted the guy. He promised to send him the pics via email to my bud. Another source said he heard the same story as the GW showed that picture to alot of hunters.

The deer was described as being wide, but not as complimenting with the height. I hate to think that the Texas GW is talking about in incident from last year, I would have expected to see those pics posted before especially concerning the size of the deer.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom