49 late cow

Blackbear1

Lifelong Idaho hunter. Been looking for cows all week in my normal spots but no luck. Looking to fill the freezer and help out anyone with elk near their land that may want to thin ‘EM out. Pm if needed

With no snow they are still pretty much at the top of the mountains still. Only elk I have seen helping my wife have been 7800 and up

Having the same problem in 45. Seen a lot of bulls down low in areas I've taken cows before but haven't seen a cow elk yet and just got off the mountain yesterday with nothing up there not even elk tracks. Weird year don't know where they are holed up at.

definitely seeing them way up high which is fine but they are stuck to the timber likes it’s October still. Warm weather, no snow and too much earlier season pressure has them grouped up high

With the IDFG never ending seasons and all the press on the Wood River Valley from the Meat Eater or First Lite, than we have the Face Book, social media hunters spreading the word. The days of driving around 49 and killing a cow Elk are gone. You have two choices, the Elk are on private or they are at the tops of the mountains at snow line.

Hahaha. The smart ones made it to my son's back yard already!!!

tempImageXbnwun.png

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom