4wheeler permits Unit 20 Elk

fullcry

My wife has a unit 20 Elk tag next week.
I thought I would bring a ATV incase we could get it closer to help pack out anything.
I just heard we might need a non resident ATV permit.
Anyone have experience with this?
Online web page doesn’t seem to work.

The online webpage sucks, it was impossible to use. Most likely you won’t get checked, the fine is about the same price as a permit. I’d mention how hard you tried to do the right thing on the webpage, they are aware of how bad it is.

I HAVE BOUGHT SEVERAL ATV STICKERS OVER THE YEARS. NEVER BEEN CHECKED ONCE. BUT FOR $25 BUCKS WHAT THE HECK...........................................YD.

The online webpage sucks, it was impossible to use. Most likely you won’t get checked, the fine is about the same price as a permit. I’d mention how hard you tried to do the right thing on the webpage, they are aware of how bad it is.
I agree with this. It’s a sad state of affairs when it’s cheaper and easier to break the law.

Yes they are required. I bought one on-line before my deer hunt this year and it was mailed to me in time for my hunt. Have you tried to purchase at the CPW shop?

You probably won’t get your sticker in the mail in time but at least you would be able to print your receipt for proof of purchase. I would assume you could buy one at a CPW vendor in CO as well but I’m not completely sure on that...

Good luck on your wife’s hunt!

Horniac

Lot of locked forest service gates in 20 starting December 1st every year, only allowing track machines or foot travel behind the gate, even if there's no snow.

Thanks Good to know on the gates.
I thought maybe I would try to stop and buy one
At a office or something.
I didn’t try the CPW web site.Even though the ticket and fine are about equal,I hate to feel like I’m doing something wrong.
She is just looking for any bull and meat.
With the fires Our previous scouting trip probably was a waste.
So we will just have to kinda wing it as the area we looked at still is closed.
Even though I don’t think it actually burned.
Thanks again!

Last edited:
Thanks Good to know on the gates.
I thought maybe I would try to stop and buy one
At a office or something.
I didn’t try the CPW web site.Even though the ticket and fine are about equal,I hate to feel like I’m doing something wrong.
She is just looking for any bull and meat.
With the fires Our previous scouting trip probably was a waste.
So we will just have to kinda wing it as the area we looked at still is closed.
Even though I don’t think it actually burned.
Thanks again!
You should be able to buy one at a atv/motorcycle shop in Colorado.

Fullcry, pm me. I've hunted that unit for a bit, and I've worked for an outfitter in part of that unit. I don't know it all but I'll tell ya what I know.

Thanks Sportsman’s does carry the ATV permits!
Crazy.
Did a little scouting today.
Saw Elk but not were we could hunt them.
Dang there is a lot of people on mountain
Bikes!!

Last edited:
fyi, you can buy one via CPW shop and you can print out the temp "tag/receipt". You will eventually get a "green" tag in the mail that looks like a hunting lisc., then they mail the stickers later. I did this last year and finally got the stickers about 6 weeks later. As long as you have a receipt (which is also emailed I believe) you could show that if you were to get checked.

Lol
Thanks for the offer on the pack out.
All that work to get a ATV sticker and the two places we wanted to go into today have Mt.bikers crawling all over.
So we are doing a little scrambling to find a place to get into without the crowd.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom