52 antalope

freaknasty

well i finally got out today and was very disapionted, in all we saw 34 goats 2 bucks for sure the rest were far off and even with the spotter the heat waves couldn't see any other bucks with them. i've never been out there and not seen over 200 or more, all though i was looking in some diffrent areas than i usually go i still expected to see alot more than that. so i'll go to my honey hole and give it shine till the sun don't shine on the last day maybe with pressure they start come out of the woodwork. good luck to all

live to hunt
hunt to live

Good luck. Get a monster. I head to Unit 52 for the muzzleloader hunt that starts on 15th. Live out of state so will not scout but will be there every day once season opens.

where are you coming from? do you know where you are going to camp? also the store in T P is closed so youneed to get fuel in taos or Ojo caliente good luck i'll be driving a white 2500 dodge with a big buck in the back ha ha hopefully

live to hunt
hunt to live

That sounds like how my two scouting trips up there have gone. This will be my first time hunting 52 and so far I have not been impressed. I have probably seen 150 antelope total and that is hom many tags there are. I can only hunt the weekend, so I hope to have some luck on my side. Good luck on your hunt.

Me and my son are going out this evening. He got one of the youth tags. The temperature has dropped in the evening. Make sure you gas up and bring ice. A few Taos boys will be hunting this weekend.
Good luck to everyone

RE: 52 antelope

Good luck everyone. I have the tag and appreciate the heads up re no fuel and ice in Tres Piedras. Shoot straight and have a great hunt.

Also in TP theres some folks that set up shop across from the old store.They have a breakfast & lunch menu.And sell ice...
$2.50 a bag but in the middle of no where thats a good deal.
nice people....

I have hunted 52 4-5 times but it has been several years ago but still have my maps with crossing etc marked back then we shot the biggest bucks usually by themselves.2 over 17inches but that was back in the good ole days

Leaving tomorrow, Scouting friday, taggin' out Saturday!! ....hopefully... Good luck to everyone with tags!!

ya i figured as much, I've guided it befor its been a few years now but all the times i've been there i've seen plenty of goats everywhere, its just a little discouraging when you go out and not see some goats even from the road.

hay well see whats down when the smoke clears. Ha
godd luck to all

live to hunt
hunt to live

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom