521 deer

I will be roaming in the general area, don't need any help, but love that time of year there. If you live there the fall is spectacular there.

Rich

Nice man that’s a great deal! Good luck, I’m sure there are some nice bucks cruising in there in Nov this year

Yeah and un godly amount of otc elk hunters.
You're not kidding... I live below Wolf Park. My son had a deer tag last year and we were dodging California bullets all day. They are definitely committed, they show up to their spots at 4:30 in the morning. But, they think they own the area- as we drove by at 6 they were upset and fired a shot against the hill to show their displeasure. I'm pretty sure the game wardens were out there 3 times third season to follow up on complaints. Good Luck and duck your head.

You're not kidding... I live below Wolf Park. My son had a deer tag last year and we were dodging California bullets all day. They are definitely committed, they show up to their spots at 4:30 in the morning. But, they think they own the area- as we drove by at 6 they were upset and fired a shot against the hill to show their displeasure. I'm pretty sure the game wardens were out there 3 times third season to follow up on complaints. Good Luck and duck your head.
Did this happen to about 7-8 older fellas?

Wait they were upset that you drove past them? Haha did they think you were going to spook the elk that were supposed to walk down the 4x4 trail for them? Haha

Wait they were upset that you drove past them? Haha did they think you were going to spook the elk that were supposed to walk down the 4x4 trail for them? Haha
Right. It is the ONLY 4 wheel road through the area. They set up on each side of a small valley. Elk do go that way, but come on... it's on a road. And when we were taking the buck he shot out, the other guys in the group were very helpful. But I'll NEVER take my son that way again. Which is sad because we should never feel like other hunters will shoot 700 yards over our heads, or fire a warning shot for driving through the area.

I will be in this unit 3rd season as well. I am California hunter but not the typical California hunter, I have to deal with them every year and I know exactly why we get such a bad name and for the most part it is warranted. I treat Colorado as me visiting someone's private ranch or land, I am a guest. I give all hunters and locals the upmost respect and am just very thankful for the opportunity. We are just there for a good time.

From my scouting and advice form some great people on this forum I think we will start off in 411 and then be ready to move as much as needed. We should all meet up at a bar some night and grab a beer.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom