52a muzzleloader deer

time2hunt

Well my dad drew this tag and looking for a little words of wisdom, when would you hunt this Nov.10th the opener or wait till the last week of this hunt. What should a person expect to see in Quality any pic would be welcomed.

Thanks
Brian

Drawn this tag twice.... 130 150 was average of what we saw..always potential of one of the big boys wandering across hy from 52 then bumb it up to 160 plus. We took two bucks 130 140 or around there and hunted the last of the season and saw 40 deer total.... wolves have taken toll on migratory herds that feed into there. Not sure what last 4 years has been like. That was just one small area though. Has anyone seen my kittie?

8020scott_ralphie.jpg

I had this tag 2 or 3 years ago (thanks for the help tworivers). The year I had it, the opener was 55 degrees and beautiful. It sucked. We hunted it hard and only saw a few bucks and nothing real big. I talked to some locals that had hunted the previous year and said it was like "shooting fish in a barrel" because it was cold by then.

I even called the local biologist (Randy?) and he said all the deer hung up in the Bennett Hills and didn't cross into the Big Desert because it stayed so warm. PRAY FOR SNOW!

Also, consider buying a wolf tag. A few wolves come out of the mountains into the unit. It was a fun hunt, but it can be tough. The unit is huge.

Grizzly

Thanks guys so what i'm hearing is probably wait toward the end off season or leave when the big storm hits. How long does it take those bucks to move into that country.

Thanks
Brian

If you have snow in the units north of there or cold spell they will be down there for the opener. There are resident deer, just few and far between.
Has anyone seen my kittie?

8020scott_ralphie.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom