6.19 a gallon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sold my electric bike awhile ago, so I'm going backwards.
Nope…….. you’re not. It was a two wheeler, smart of you to sell it, you can up grade to the luxury models, an e-trike.

Whole lot better than that golf cart you’ve been asking for permission to buy.

Last edited:
Nope…….. you’re not. It was a two wheeler, smart of you to sell it, you can up grade to the luxury models, an e-trike.

Whole lot better than that golf cart you’ve been asking for permission to buy.
Actually you're right. A 2 wheel 750W E-bike to a 73 year old is like a '67 fuel injected 427 Corvette to a 16 year old. A disaster waiting to happen.

Actually you're right. A 2 wheel 750W E-bike to a 73 year old is like a '67 fuel injected 427 Corvette to a 16 year old. A disaster waiting to happen.
Ha…… well framed eel.

Us post 70 year olds can’t do what we used to do, but we can still get down the road. Put the old training wheels back on and keep going.

The ridiculously cheap gas prices of 1939

Think about being able to pull up to the petrol station and use some spare coins on the counter to fill up your entire tank; that was how life was in 1939. Obviously, due to inflation, that’s not how things played out; in 1939, 16 cents was equivalent to $2.87 in current money, which is still reasonable, particularly if you live in an age when gasoline consumes a significant portion of your income.

As inflation continued to rise throughout the twentieth century, gas prices increased dramatically, and by the 1970s, Americans were having difficulty not using gas in their daily lives, something that must have been difficult to comprehend for this gas station employee back in the 1930s.

1647384224983.png

We hit $7 for diesel here on the west coast in commiefornia a week ago but now its backed off to $6.69. Regular 87 octane is holding at $5.99.

Then, no guff, we had a brownout while I was filling my truck….the Dems in charge have this state so screwed up they have to buy power from NV and Az at up to 400% higher rates due to their silly energy policy here And we still have brownouts at night.

That power outage spared me from going ballistic and punching someone in a Prius with a Biden/Harris bumper sticker if I had seen what it cost to fill my truck.

The COVID people do that graph for you? For a bunch of folks who didn’t even like math, we sure spend a lot of time on it.

We need a bait smiley.

Who’s doing the screwing when evil corporations take advantage of stupid politicians?

Why haven’t we or even the World punished China yet? After all they killed over a million U.S. civilians and millions of people around the World with their release of Covid! Like always follow the money…
We will find out eventually it was a US funded lab with US ties.

We are going to end up being the baddies and will let China take Taiwan as hush money.

The GOP just proposed an Energy independence bill, good news right?

Nope, the Democrats shut it down.

"We are a net exporter of oil"

Just heard Brandon's speech.
He has memory issues so he was thinking back a few years ago… when we were… sometimes his thinker don’t think right. Good thing he can cut a length of chain and take it to Corn Pop… I mean Putin Pop

I would trust this guy over what the WH puts out from Bloomberg.
Put the lines anywhere on the graph you'd like. Adjust for inflation or don't. Use WTI or Brent. The point is clearly that oil has dropped 30% and gas prices are virtually unchanged over the last few weeks. You could also normalize to 2008 dollars and realize we're still paying $1.00/gallon less than when Bush was in office.

If you think the oil companies aren't getting rich off the backs of Americans right now, you can explain to Berkshire Hathaway as to why they shouldn't have bought 10% of an oil company two weeks ago.

Last edited:
I'm not worried about gas prices now. I love California.

I heard they moved in some new printing presses and have put the San Francisco Mint back on line. $600……. No problem Eelgrasski, pick up your cash and head on over to the bread line. Tomorrow it’ll be will be $1,200.

76232EFE-50FE-4CA0-BD9D-39EADBB26FBA.jpeg

Put the lines anywhere on the graph you'd like. Adjust for inflation or don't. Use WTI or Brent. The point is clearly that oil has dropped 30% and gas prices are virtually unchanged over the last few weeks. You could also normalize to 2008 dollars and realize we're still paying $1.00/gallon less than when Bush was in office.

If you think the oil companies aren't getting rich off the backs of Americans right now, you can explain to Berkshire Hathaway as to why they shouldn't have bought 10% of an oil company two weeks ago.
I am part of an American oil company, sport. Have been for over 2 decades. Our costs have gone up almost exactly to match the cost of the commodity prices. Service companies are putting prices back to or above where they were 3-4 years ago, and our labor costs have gone through the roof.

And Buffet buying Oxy is a whole other issue.

I am part of an American oil company, sport. Have been for over 2 decades. Our costs have gone up almost exactly to match the cost of the commodity prices. Service companies are putting prices back to or above where they were 3-4 years ago, and our labor costs have gone through the roof.

so....you are insinuating that Grizzly is full of himself and it??

"Sport?" Grow up.

You being O&G doesn't mean they aren't screwing us. Just like somebody being a nurse for 20 years doesn't mean pharmaceutical companies aren't screwing diabetics with the price of insulin. They have an inelastic good and are focusing on corporate profits. Somehow you think that's incorrect?

PS. Buffet bought another $1B of Occidental so he now owns 13% of the company. I can't even imagine somebody trying to make the argument that BRK buying oil companies doesn't have anything to do with Buffet knowing they're increasing profits.

PPS. Berkshire also added to his Chevron holdings and bought Royalty Pharma in the last quarter. Hmm, my arguments are coalescing.

PPPS. BRK.A shares hit $500k per share today. It's a new record.

None of this is a coincidence.

You can blame Bush, you can blame Trump and you can blame Putin but it doesn’t change the fact that biden is in charge RIGHT NOW and he’s responsible for the current mess we are in.

so....you are insinuating that Grizzly is full of himself and it??
I always get a chuckle out of his internet chest beating on every sub forum here. He tries to portray himself as the smartest person in the room every time. We all know what they say about that mentality. Wrong room.

Oil is a leading indicator - it takes time to process, refine & get it to a gas station, it takes time for the price of fuel to catch up. Most states have laws against price gouging. Brandon has a wingman Atty General he could certainly use to investigate

The girls all had pinochle here at the house last night. One of them had just returned from a cruise to the Western Caribbean, and one of their stops and tours was in Belize. Gas is $11.00/gallon there right now!!!!!

Oil is a leading indicator - it takes time to process, refine & get it to a gas station, it takes time for the price of fuel to catch up.

The oil companies run fuel costs up immediately when oil rises, then trickle fuel prices down when oil falls.

The oil companies are trying to have it both ways with that rationalization. You even admitted it takes a while for fuel prices to catch up, but are forgetting how fast your neighborhood Chevron jacked up the pump prices.

It cracks me up the bedfellows created lately. Now a certain segment of the population no longer trusts our own intelligence agencies, supports Putin, and justifies high gas prices coming out of their own pockets... all because they think they score political points.

"Sport?" Grow up.

You being O&G doesn't mean they aren't screwing us. Just like somebody being a nurse for 20 years doesn't mean pharmaceutical companies aren't screwing diabetics with the price of insulin. They have an inelastic good and are focusing on corporate profits. Somehow you think that's incorrect?

PS. Buffet bought another $1B of Occidental so he now owns 13% of the company. I can't even imagine somebody trying to make the argument that BRK buying oil companies doesn't have anything to do with Buffet knowing they're increasing profits.

PPS. Berkshire also added to his Chevron holdings and bought Royalty Pharma in the last quarter. Hmm, my arguments are coalescing.

PPPS. BRK.A shares hit $500k per share today. It's a new record.

None of this is a coincidence.

I'm struggling how an invoice industry as old as dirt, just figured out greed. Did they keep st learn it 2 weeks ago?

The O&G companies are sitting on a straight flush, while Biden limps in Queen high.

They might be profit taking. But they can bury Brandon and the Green New Deal in real short order if prices stay up. Day after midterms have D tossed out, gas will taper off.

Yup. Sucks for consumer. But 81million "voted" for him, you get the government you vote for good and hard

I always get a chuckle out of his internet chest beating on every sub forum here. He tries to portray himself as the smartest person in the room every time. We all know what they say about that mentality. Wrong room.
I never attacked anybody in any way, I merely have a different opinion of the realities today and ? made my points with evidence and historical perspective.

I can't help it if somebody having a different opinion bothers you, though it's not my intent, as discussions of differing opinions really are the point of a forum. Nor can I help your passive-aggressive attempts at the forum-version of talking behind somebody's back or your attempt at belittling name calling like, "sport." It's not a good look.

It's clear you don't feel you can justify your positions on their merit as you have resorted to personal attacks. Good luck with that.

In the meantime, I'll leave you to ponder the vagueries of entire commodity markets and why they haven't figured out energy costs as are simple as a D or an R.

But they can bury Brandon and the Green New Deal in real short order if prices stay up. Day after midterms have D tossed out, gas will taper off.
You know I'm not a conspiratorialist, but that one is actually plausible as the oil companies could try and save their skin in the long run and everybody knows people vote with their pocketbook.

Of course, that means high gas prices today are REALLY the fault of oil companies and they're doing it with the purpose of harming the American public to effectuate a political outcome.

That should enrage the public.

I never attacked anybody in any way, I merely have a different opinion of the realities today and ? made my points with evidence and historical perspective.

I can't help it if somebody having a different opinion bothers you, though it's not my intent, as discussions of differing opinions really are the point of a forum. Nor can I help your passive-aggressive attempts at the forum-version of talking behind somebody's back or your attempt at belittling name calling like, "sport." It's not a good look.

It's clear you don't feel you can justify your positions on their merit as you have resorted to personal attacks. Good luck with that.

In the meantime, I'll leave you to ponder the vagueries of entire commodity markets and why they haven't figured out energy costs as are simple as a D or an R.
My objection to your post was the implied support of the administration’s ridiculous assertion that these prices are the result of profiteering and not policy.

The administration is an avowed enemy of fossil fuels and the workers who provide them. I doubt half of them even have a car, and I’m pretty sure NONE of them have taken an economics class. As mentioned earlier, these are the consequences of electing idiots.

And I’m surprised that you don’t admit that supply and demand is the REAL driver of fuel prices. Even if it was a product priced on margin percentage, the margin would still increase with the price of the inputs.

Anyone know the range of an electric tank?

It cracks me up the bedfellows created lately. Now a certain segment of the population no longer trusts our own intelligence agencies, supports Putin, and justifies high gas prices coming out of their own pockets... all because they think they score political points.
What have the intelligence agencies done the last 20+ years to earn your trust?

And I’m surprised that you don’t admit that supply and demand is the REAL driver of fuel prices.
I agree with that and said it above.

During the two years of the pandemic our worldwide consumption fell and now we don't have enough oil being pumped to keep up... just like with everything else.

Our worldwide demand of goods exploded as people quit Rona and everybody got back to real life. This isn't a USA problem, it's a worldwide problem which can be manifested by the drop in oil prices due to China's shutdowns in recent days.

It is my belief that everybody agrees with what you said, they just want to fix it in different ways. The R's want to fix this by increasing supply, the D's want to fix this by reducing demand via switching more people to green energy.

Green energy is not a near term fix, but I do believe that the oil companies are taking advantage of an inelastic good and geopolitical strife to make money. I think I've offered several different examples of how that's the case.

First of all, I did not take it personally, but will always defend my industry.
Second, I am happy to have you come to Midland and sign an NDA and look up my skirt and see that we lost our ass in 2020 and most of 2021. None of our executives, myself included, took a salary or any sort of bonus for 18 months so we could keep all of our employees afloat. We are one of the most efficient operators as far as cost per barrel and we barely made it.
Now that prices of our products are back up, all of our costs are up exponentially. Our casing costs are up 40-60%. The same rig we had last year went from $20500 per day to over $26k per day now. Fuel for my field ops is $4.14 OPIS last week plus $0.12/ gal surcharge for delivery. I can go on and on. We make less profit now than we did in 2018-2019. We have permits that have to be drilled this year that we are struggling to find materials for by the 4th qtr.
It’s insulting that you insinuate what we do is greed, but nobody bats an eye when the price went to -$40 in 2020.
I am not sure what you do for a living, but I am guessing it is in the legal field due to your voluminous replies and attempts to justify your argument. Did you lower your per hour charge during Covid? Have you raised it back up and by what percentage?

Our worldwide demand of goods exploded as people quit Rona and everybody got back to real life. This isn't a USA problem, it's a worldwide problem which can be manifested by the drop in oil prices due to China's shutdowns in recent days.

Only partially true.

Inflation is too much money chasing too few products.

The US (orange man was president) decided they could put the on fire economy into an induced coma.

Then D and R flooded the country with paper, creating massive inflation.

The new admin entered, and being totally tone deaf decided that without a viable alternative, and in the midst of a global pandemic "going green" was a priority.

G&O would have been foolish to not pullback given Brandon's hostile policies towards them.

And now, as his polling numbers are catering, they decide to wage a PR campaign accusing O&G of greed?

They are just expected to get in line because the admin that tried openly to destroy them, now pulls the 'Merica card?

And for what? To save the D's?

We are where we are solely because our leadership is completely incompetent. From the senile Pres, to the minority hire VP, to the transportation secretary so useless, no one noticed he was on 2month maternity leave during a supply chain crisis, to the sec of energy pushing "transitioning" to a fairy tale.

This is a failure of leadership. Not a slogan from an 80's movie.

Not everything is the Wuhans fault

Ultimately the sad thing, is that will hurt us as public land hunters. The "drill baby drill" crew will come back into power.

Last edited:
First of all, I did not take it personally, but will always defend my industry.
Second, I am happy to have you come to Midland and sign an NDA and look up my skirt and see that we lost our ass in 2020 and most of 2021. None of our executives, myself included, took a salary or any sort of bonus for 18 months so we could keep all of our employees afloat. We are one of the most efficient operators as far as cost per barrel and we barely made it.
Now that prices of our products are back up, all of our costs are up exponentially. Our casing costs are up 40-60%. The same rig we had last year went from $20500 per day to over $26k per day now. Fuel for my field ops is $4.14 OPIS last week plus $0.12/ gal surcharge for delivery. I can go on and on. We make less profit now than we did in 2018-2019. We have permits that have to be drilled this year that we are struggling to find materials for by the 4th qtr.
It’s insulting that you insinuate what we do is greed, but nobody bats an eye when the price went to -$40 in 2020.
I am not sure what you do for a living, but I am guessing it is in the legal field due to your voluminous replies and attempts to justify your argument. Did you lower your per hour charge during Covid? Have you raised it back up and by what percentage?
Grizz thinks that by reading a couple articles from CNN and WP that he is now a semi expert on the subject. Blows my mind. I mean it would be like me reading an article from FOX about lawyers and how 100% of them are scumbags. I know this isn't true because only 99.9% of them are.

BTW, thanks for the first hand information. I didn't know anything about O&G operations.

Good post Hoss.

I remember my dad complaining back in the 1960's that the US needs a legit energy policy and to improve the power grid.

We have the Green initiative here in Ca- Brownouts, ultra high power bills, constant nagging not to use energy when the suns not shining, Politicans buying power from out of state at up to 400% rate to keep our brownouts to a minimum.

The cry here has always been, more E cars. Now the Socal grid operator is saying their grid is stretched to the max....

Then we saw it in Texas...ALL renewables just doesn't work. Batteries,Ha! I saw a stat that it would take the biggest battery factory in the world running 24/7 for 1,000years to produce enough batteries to store enough power for 8 hours in the US.

The answer isn't Batteries...or more fossil fuels...but a networked grid integrating nuclear and renewables. Nuclear designs have come a long way in 30 years.....but the Green hypocrites refuse to do their homework.

the greenies want social change.......energy is just their vehicle...

Last edited:
the greenies what social change.......energy is just their vehicle...
Most of those people have a deep hatred for themselves and are jealous of the success they see others enjoying. They wake up in the morning mad just looking for something to offend them today. It’s a lifestyle.

Most of those people have a deep hatred for themselves and are jealous of the success they see others enjoying. They wake up in the morning mad just looking for something to offend them today. It’s a lifestyle.
yep....and they won't be happy till we're not happy...

yep....and they won't be happy till we're not happy...
They will never be happy. They're marxist/communists & destruction is the name of their game. Destroy our education system, destroy our energy independence, destroy free markets, destroy free speech ...the list goes on. They want everyone as miserable as them. When they fail or succeed at one thing they move on to destroy the next. Power and complete control is their end game.... happiness for them plays no role

Its funny how the liberal Democrats are making excuses for their Crappy policy by insinuating, "Its global, there is nothing we could have done"

Ugh, sure there was. We didn't have any of this crud during the Trump admin....he thought strategically..and in advance. He proposed buying oil to fill the SOR in March of 2020 at $30-40 barely...and the Democrats shut it down. Trump knew that Putin was hogtied when the price of oil is low- they were just scraping by.

Biden gets elected....and through his animosity to "Big oil" the price goes to $80-90/barrel. Putin knows that if he invades he immediately gets a boost in price on his oil- all pure profit of another $30-$40. So not only does Biden policy incentivize Putin to invade....but then Putin can put pressure on the stranglehold of settling oil trades in USD and it being world currency. A Win Win for Putin. If we lose world currency status, this will be another big hit to our lifestyle cutting our buying power.

Many Democrats just can't see that the subtleties of Bidens bad policies have created a big % of the mess we are in with the snowballing inflation.

Its funny how the liberal Democrats are making excuses for their Crappy policy by insinuating, "Its global, there is nothing we could have done"

Ugh, sure there was. We didn't have any of this crud during the Trump admin....he thought strategically..and in advance. He proposed buying oil to fill the SOR in March of 2020 at $30-40 barely...and the Democrats shut it down. Trump knew that Putin was hogtied when the price of oil is low- they were just scraping by.

Biden gets elected....and through his animosity to "Big oil" the price goes to $80-90/barrel. Putin knows that if he invades he immediately gets a boost in price on his oil- all pure profit of another $30-$40. So not only does Biden policy incentivize Putin to invade....but then Putin can put pressure on the stranglehold of settling oil trades in USD and it being world currency. A Win Win for Putin. If we lose world currency status, this will be another big hit to our lifestyle cutting our buying power.

Many Democrats just can't see that the subtleties of Bidens bad policies have created a big % of the mess we are in with the snowballing inflation.
democrats see it, they just don’t care. They are so happy that they don’t have to read anymore mean tweets from Trump. Trump was a meany…

With all this inflation going on, I'm hoping as the mid-terms approach, the Dems will send out more stimulus checks in exchange for votes. :ROFLMAO:

I think some of the smart Dems are seeing that they were sold a load of hooey- and that gives me hope.
I don’t think so………. I don’t think it’s that easy to abandon old, trusted beliefs. Just because their smart doesn’t mean they can or will just walk away from a life time of confirmation bias.

I know I won’t give up mine easily. It will take a hell of a long time before I ever accept abortion, regardless of a good or a terrible economy. Much less a good dozen other political party conflicts.

However…….. I would sure like to believe you are right.

He should be locked up for what he has done to America, how can you f#$k the middle class so badly when we have all the oil under our feet. The whole world is laughing at the big Idiot.
Not a political post...
Deal with it..( learn a skill and get a better paying job!)
In a few years you will be glad to have him as your president...
Jester

The political fights aren't wanted here. I'm locking this one but may be deleting threads quickly going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom