6.5 PRC Tikka

BIGJOHNT

Long Time Member
At the shot show Tikka said they should be coming out with a 6.5 PRC by June. But I have seen nothing as of yet. My 83 year old dad has a late cow elk tag this year. My son and I also have the same tag. I thought that would be a great build for him. A light weight suppress 6.5 PRC mounted in a clamp on a tripod to keep him steady. I didn't want to go full custom with a gun smith because it would take to long. Anyone have a in with Tikka and know if it will be here soon ? As A back up a Seekins Element in 6.5 PRC would work. But I can't find one ether. I called Seekins and they said they are back ordered and six months out. Christensen arms has two rifles that may work. But I am not really a fan ! Then we have the Browning. But the Browning or Christensen arms isn't the same platform as the Tikka to build off of. Any ideas out there ?

Buy the seekins and move on. I have a regular Havak in the PRC and it’s silly accurate. The stocks seem kind of cheap but they do work. It shoots as good or better than any of my customs.

Buy a Tikka 6.5 CM and turn it into a PRC. Send it to Shaen Magan and have him open the bolt face, change the bolt stop, adjust the trigger and buy yourself some new mags. It’s that easy.

I don't recommend a Browning. I own one and the twist rate is too fast (1:7).

Can you find ammo for this?
131gr Hammer Hunter is perfect for that- Slowest twist for that bullet is 1:7.5, but all the hammers run better with a faster twist than minimum. That would be a fantastic combo- they would be smoking out of the PRC.

Ok, I'll have to order me a box. I've used Hornady 143/147 with decent results but could never get any of the lighter copper to shoot.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom