60% of NR tags to outfitters draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s try this

Are they trying to bring this back up?
Yes,and,because the new govoner & republican controlled legislature,is very pro private land & very anti public land
The feeling is,its going to pass
Thank god we now live in idaho

?
IF YOU HUNT MONTANA DEER OR ELK AS A NON-RESIDENT, PLEASE READ THIS.
?

The Montana Legislature has been asked to consider a bill, Senate Bill 143, that would take 60% of the non-resident deer/elk tags and force those 60% to go through an outfitter. Yup, that’s correct, take 60% of the tags from the general draw and give those tags to non-residents who use an outfitter.
This is a huge negative for self-guided non-residents to hunt Montana. As demand for tags gets higher and higher, cutting the pool of tags by 60% to those inclined to hunt on their own is against all I stand for and all that our platforms are about. I have been using our platforms to notify residents and non-residents of this proposed bill that has a lot of lobbying support, though almost no resident support.
The good news is that you, even as a non-resident, can have a big impact on this outcome. Non-residents have more influence than you probably expect. The bill is being heard on February 2nd in the Senate Fish & Game Committee. Killing a bill in committee is the best way to defeat this effort. If you hunt Montana as a non-resident, you can reach these committee members at these emails with your thoughts about Senate Bill 143 and ask them to share your comments with the rest of their Committee members.
Committee Chairman – Senator Steve Hinebach [email protected]
Committee Vice-Chairman – Senator Bob Brown [email protected]
Link to the bill here - https://leg.mt.gov/bills/2021/billpdf/SB0143.pdf

Yes,and,because the new govoner & republican controlled legislature,is very pro private land & very anti public land
Please explain as to why you say "the new govoner & republican controlled legislature,is very pro private land & very anti public land"? As a Montanan, I do not want, nor do I see this bill passing and being signed by the our new Governor.

it is a fact republicans are far less public land supportive and far more private land supportive. that can't be disputed. but that doesn't mean this bill will find enough republican support.

Hopefully this goes nowhere but I wouldn't bet on it.

Please explain as to why you say "the new govoner & republican controlled legislature,is very pro private land & very anti public land"? As a Montanan, I do not want, nor do I see this bill passing and being signed by the our new Governor.
You don't? Gianforte was scheduled to be a speaker at MOGA's annual convention. Supposedly he meets with MOGA weekly too.

Gianforte know where his money is coming that the deep pockets of Outfitters.
now the local people who own motels, restaurants gas stations, camp grounds, Etc, they might have a huge drop in income.

You don't? Gianforte was scheduled to be a speaker at MOGA's annual convention. Supposedly he meets with MOGA weekly too.
I do not. I am not a fan of outfitters, however it is a very viable industry here in Montana, why would you have a problem with the governor speaking to them?

I'm sure he's just meeting with them to tell them he won't support them.

I have nothing against outfitters , the good ones are some of the hardest working folks I've ever met. but let's not pretend the almighty dollar doesn't run hunting just like it runs everything else .

I know all about govt. pay outs for political pay backs.....I drive thru Poplar quite a bit, thank God those two round-abouts were installed on highway 2, real life savers......

it is a fact republicans are far less public land supportive and far more private land supportive. that can't be disputed. but that doesn't mean this bill will find enough republican support.

Hopefully this goes nowhere but I wouldn't bet on it.
There is no fact in this statement, just another liberal willing to make blanket assertions that are untrue. Yes, your statement is being disputed.
I don't support outfitter welfare. This type of measure is generally passed by democratic regimes. Rally against the measure, as anything can happen. But I don't think this is likely to pass.
Bill

Llama you've spent too much time with llamas and sheeple . you call me a liberal as if you knew anything about me just because I dare speak the truth. I've been a republican my entire life and that's a fact. but the party has gone down a rabbit hole to hell I refuse to tag along with. so if you call me a liberal I'll call you ignorant.

what party supports selling public lands ? what party supports less protection and more development of public lands ? you show me your proof republicans are the party of public land protection and then I'll post a rebuttal . deal ? while you're at it prove libs in MT are behind this tag reallocation. go for it this should be good.

The outfitter deal is not a public lands issue it's a money issue. the libs don't give a FF how many tags outfitters get they'd rather nobody got a tag so their wolves had more chit to eat. but those same libs are the reason their isn't a motel 6 and a McDonalds built 100 yards from Old Faithful. somewhere in the middle is common ground and those of us who are there are a dying breed.

Hard to find "somewhere in the middle" when one party embraces on the demand abortions on the birth table, open borders, gun control. entitlement culture, legalization of drugs, perverted sexual mutilation of young children i.e. male=male, female=female, supporting blm and antifa riots across America....the list goes on and on.

Go ahead tog, the left party believes in all said above. While relatively few extremists believe Qanon.

Come on guys keep this on topic. I’d expect a moderator to leave the politics out of it. Take the high road. This isn’t a R vs D issue.

FFS

If this isn't a R vs. D issue, then why did all the R's vote yes and all the D's vote no? Straight down party lines.

Rich

so what does it mean to be amended to 39%?
It means instead of the 60% of NR elk and deer tags the outfitters were after they amended it to only 39%. Still a bunch of BS!! It still has a Senate floor vote, a House Committee hearing, a House floor vote and then the final request to the Governor and he needs to sign it.
Hopefully it dies on the senate floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom