61-2 Elk

SageHunter29

Hey all, got lucky and drew this tag after chasing it a few years. Not looking for any specifics, just curious about your experiences on this hunt if you have any.

It’s a great area and lots of public and if you get good snow the HMA can be very productive. A few patchwork lands of public/private down low so have OnX maps or equivalent, especially late season. Don’t forget the archery season is the same as type 1 and it can be outstanding hunting but best with horses. You will have a great hunt.

This gets me even more excited. I drove through the unit the other day and was surprised to see how green everything still was. Great looking elk country. I'd love to know what a guy could realistically hold out for. Feel free to DM me. I'd be happy to help with what I know on some other units.

Spent a lot of time cleaning trails in that area. Expect a lot of hunters. Lot of them take lower greybull trail and branch off into warhouse and anderson creek. Never did explore piney creek. Lot of big bulls in that country. Be patient for that big bull. That late season you will get elk from dubios migrating in. Horses are going to be your best freind if you can access the wilderness. Assuming you are a non resident that maybe a challenge. I have seen 340-360 class bulls come down to the pitchfork into mid september. That country is all open and they can vanish very quick. Seems like them bulls push their cows down and keep them away from other bulls i guess.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom