61-71 elk

Country

Hey everyone, getting excited about pretty much with my age my once in a lifetime elk hunt in nevada for the late season in 61/71. Have done a lot of homework, spoke to a few references from Epic and Hunting Fool, and spent a weekend in August scouting. Have heard a lot about Merrett Mountain, Copper Mt, Tennessee Mt, etc. Spent some time in those areas the weekend in August, saw some beautiful country but not much elk sightings, but was hot and only had two mornings. Anyway, think i have a plan but just looking for any other pointers, tips, suggestions from hunters that have hunted during that late season hunt. Would love any feedback you might have, feel free to PM me if desired. Thanks again.

My son & I have cow tags for 61/71 late. With his schedule, we might not be able to hunt until Thanksgiving week. Maybe we'll see you up there!

I drew 61/71 archery elk and 61 archery deer. I am familiar with the coppers range but wanted to possibly have the opportunity to hunt both if time permitted. Would it be worth it to head into 61 for elk and deer? or stay in 71 for a better elk experience? any advice is much appreciated.

It’s been a long time since I hunted the unit, but I don’t see why you couldn’t hunt deer and elk both in 061. I do know that the advice on where to look in the original post seems to be a little outdated as far as where the elk have been hanging out.

Hunted cow elk (early tag) in 2021. Focused in 071. Spoke to a few people hunting in 061 that I saw in 071 that said they hadn't seen much. They also were at the bar in Jarbidge so maybe that's why. We focused on 071 since the west portion of 061 had burned pretty recently then. That said, I'm sure you can locate deer/elk in each area.

PM sent. I had a archery deer tag in the 7's last year and only hunted 71 since I also had an archery elk tag in the 6's. Didn't see a ton of deer in 71, but did see a few. Saw a good number elk.

Hunted cow elk (early tag) in 2021. Focused in 071. Spoke to a few people hunting in 061 that I saw in 071 that said they hadn't seen much. They also were at the bar in Jarbidge so maybe that's why. We focused on 071 since the west portion of 061 had burned pretty recently then. That said, I'm sure you can locate deer/elk in each area.
I hunted 71 last year for deer and was successful. I ran into a similar group that was hunting cow elk and spent a lot of time in jarbridge at the bar. I've only hunted 61 for archery antelope and noticed one obstacle for me was the abundant of roads. Thanks for the reply!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom