652 help

muley406

Finally drew 652. Just looking for a little help to get started. I only live a couple hours away so I will be all over it scouting this summer. Any help on areas to focus on or places to start I would be really appreciative.

It is my personal belief the southern end of the unit is worth looking into. Don’t set your expectations too high

If I were you I would spend a lot of time looking at maps of the unit. Very few places that are too far from a road or trail. Also if there isn't a road or trail it is accessible by boat in most cases. This is described as a trophy hunt and I know guys who live here who spent a ton of time looking for a trophy who never filled a tag.

It is some beautiful country and there are some nice bucks but they are few and far between for a number of reasons.

socialdistance1_zpshgxbszwf.jpeg

652 hike on 5/24/2020

did a hike in 652 yesterday, lots of deer around and two ticks rode home with me. It is really green right now and plenty of water in every watering hole.

1836FAFD-CE76-4E36-B78B-7185ED943829.jpeg

Thanks for the pics Nemont. My other draws have run dry so that may be about it for hunts for me this year

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom