67 Archery Deer

hubba_3

My brother and I drew these tags this year. We just took our first scouting trip and went up the Eddiesville Trail and came out on the Stewart Creek trail. With limited time we were only able to stay on the trails and of course we saw about 40 tree huggers hiking on the trails. We were only able to glass from the trails and we saw a couple average bucks, but nothing too special.

I'm assuming the hunting will be much better if you get off the main trails, but are there any areas you guys would suggest checking out? The amount of high country is limited so were basically forced to focus on the areas east and west of San Luis Peak. What areas would you guys suggest?

Sawtooth Mountain in the middle of the unit also looks pretty promising. Does anyone have any experience hunting there?

We probably won't be able to make it up there for another scouting trip, so we're stuck learning as much as we can before the season starts Aug. 26th. Thanks!

The last time I hunted 67 (elk) the north side of Sawtooth was overrun with cattle. South side was much better. Saw a few bucks but nothing big.

>The last time I hunted 67
>(elk) the north side of
>Sawtooth was overrun with cattle.
> South side was much
>better. Saw a few
>bucks but nothing big.

Thanks for the info!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom