6a archery elk

fuzzyvelvet

I drew a first season archery tag in 6a! What can I expect from the hunt in terms of size and numbers of bulls I could see daily? Areas to start scouting? Are the bulls talking and coming into calls? Thanks.

Fuzzy

Size - 340 bulls are very doable.

Numbers - depends on how you hunt and where you hunt.

Vocal - sometimes the first season is really good around the 1st to the 3rd because they haven't been messed with too much, not too vocal, but will respond. Sometimes the first hunt is better depending on the weather and what kind of monsoon the state has had. There have been times when the first hunt has frost in the mornings and the second hunt you almost need to wear shorts and a T-shirt.

Location - focus on north facing sides of rides and mountains.

Hey Roadrunner your replies to these kind of posts have simmered from last year.
I do believe they went something like this.
Can't believe people put in for areas they no nothing about then draw the tag and the next day they ask where to go and how to do it .
Do some scouting.
Hire a guide.
If I'm wrong my apologies but I could swear it was you. LOL

Hey Roadrunner your replies to these kind of posts have simmered from last year.
Can't believe people put in for areas they no nothing about then draw the tag and the next day they ask where to go and how to do it .
Do some scouting.
Hire a guide.

You're gonna have to find my post(s) for me because I sure as hell don't remember.

Thanks for calling me out though...

Do some scouting.
Hire a guide.

I don’t post it but I still feel this way for the most part...

Do some scouting.
Hire a guide.
Is a man not aloud to change is toon? Or maybe we was having a bad day? But really calling him out on social media? JMO pm would be better.

I drew a first season archery tag in 6a! What can I expect from the hunt in terms of size and numbers of bulls I could see daily? Areas to start scouting? Are the bulls talking and coming into calls? Thanks.

Fuzzy
Congrats great hunt. Spend some time looking at maps and pm me and I will share what I know had this hunt last year.

Jack

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom