6C Bull

passthrough

PJHNTR arrowed this bull saturday morning in 6C at 31 yards. It was good to put a tag on this guy but it was somewhat bittersweet because the bulls were bugling, and we were done. We only hunted 2 days, the opener and saturday. Sure is nice to be elk hunting again!
48c5c28658d036cf.jpg

48c5c2c55a4f2066.jpg

Look at the damage these rage broadheads inflict.
48c5c33a5c96e15d.jpg

He only made it 70 yards and piled up.

Finally somebody from our MM family tags a bull! Great job, PJ good looking bull for sure...Whew , I love 6C, it's been a good good unit to me and my family....7 days to go....Passthrough, brother you better be coming with a story , can't just tease us with great pictures]...Seriously guys great job....

Congrats on a great hunt. I like the color of your bull's cape. Should make a nice mount.
-Raptor

LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-08 AT 06:02PM (MST)[p]Wait a minute, NMDGF told me there ain't any elk in 6c. You must either be lying or a magician. Much congrats on a nice bull, and much thanks for posting up the pic.

Congrats Wes and PJ. Thanks for ALL the pics and keep it up. No dice for my hunters this weekend...

very nice, that is a GREAT bull for 6c! or anywhere else for that matter with a bow! im jealous .... ive had a few buglers come in but havent been able to seal the deal yet. he looks a bit bigger than that bull you tagged last year!

Thanks for the comments guys. We had a great hunt and I'm really proud of my little 6x. I had zero expectations for this hunt as it is 6c and I could only hunt the opener and last weekend so I couldn't have asked for more. Now it's off to find a speed goat this weekend.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-08 AT 10:27AM (MST)[p]PJ, you did great! 6C is easily one of my favorite elk units, there are good elk numbers and it's so big , hunters are spread out and you really don't have to be on top of eachother.I have now shot 5 elk and 2 of them are from 6C,and I really like it. Aside from 52, it's my favorite for elk....and many of my family members have hammered cow elk on thier hunts , I mean every year they kill a few. In 2005 the family with many cousins and uncles and 2 friends killed 10 cows out of 12 tags in 6A on a late cow hunt and they could have filled the other 2 tags but they were so filled up on meat it wasn't the best to do so.

Let me ask you this, did you like it better than 51?