7,8,9,19 and 191 archery

S

southmountain

I posted in the elk forum as well. This is my plan b as my plo unit 67 fell through . Have private available at Deadman mountain until muzzle loader begins . Completely in the dark here. I know its not a premium area but thats not important at this point just want to get out and enjoy Gods country. Any info on what to expect as far as being vocal and does anybody know what elevation Deadman area is . I havwe maps coming and will have my GPS out there tomorrow . Any help would be greatly appreciated . Can returnm the favor on NM elk info.

Southmountain,

I have hunted deer in unit 7 - 3rd rifle - shot a decent muley there 2 years ago.

I have always seen elk in that area that time of year...

One place I usually see them hanging around is on top of Horse mountain(I think that's the name of it) - I'll double check that name...don't have my maps with me now and confirm.

I wouldn't say there are tons of elk in there, but I do know the area a little...

I'll get back to you with some more details when I have my maps.

I have hunted deer in GMU 8 in the Upper cherokee unit and have seen elk there every time i have been there,not alot of elk ,but elk just the same.

Deadman has good elk herds if you find them they don't go far.
The elk summer near Nunn creek basin.
Also look at Bull Mountain in the larmie river valley just west of deadman.
Or if you fell real good for a high country hunt go into the Rawah's or up near Shipman park.This access is by horse or foot only but could be a good dropcamp hunt for you.
Good Luck.

Where in NM are you going to share information on? I hunt both NM and Colorado. I too will be in unit 8 this year. Maybe we can swap some stories.

Good luck to you!!

Shedcrazy

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom