7 Deer points

I'm an Idaho res and like the title says I have 7 going in this year.

Been applying in 33 with no luck.

Any recommendations for a 180 or better unit as a non-res?

Been hunting hard in Id for 32 years, be happy to swap info on good areas!

I am in the military and will deploy (4th tour) soon. No time to scout this summer but will be home for the opener.

E mail @ [email protected]

With 7 points your odds look pretty good. Have you tried putting in for the late hunts? Last year Nevada split alot of areas into "early" and "late" seasons. The later season(especially if the wheather cooperates) will give you a better chance at a bigger buck. IMO. The 2007 draw odds were posted on Huntnevada.com a few weeks back. Ther is alot of good info that could help you narrow down some units. Good luck!

Like muleycrazy said, huntnevada.com or hunt odds on this website for draw info. I've hunted several good NV units but now I hunt 101-108 as my last choice so I get drawn every year or 3. I like the late hunts and I don't mean the second half of the old regular season that ends in Oct. There about 4-5 rifle/muzzy hunts that run into mid-Nov. 114 muzzy, fantastic. In my opinion, 31, 32 and 11/12/13 are as good as 33. 111-113 late is good. With 7 points, I'd look @ the 101-108 late hunt if it runs into Nov 7 or so. I have hunted both late rifle and late archery, fantastic amount of bucks. You'll have to pick through 100's to get the right one.

Thank you for you service and good luck in both arenas.

I drew a unit 22 non res tag last year with 7 points
there are some 180+ bucks in the unit.
pm me. I will tell what i know maybe it will help.

It is No Secret,anymore,units 221-223 is the hunt tag to have in Your pocket in "08",with ending dates of Nov 5th.With 7 N.R. bonus points hold out for a hunt ending 1st week in Nov.and hunt units that havn't been hurt by Winter kill or Fires.Good Luck,"Apps" deadline in mid April ---

try 111-113 late and hunt high, i drew a nr tag with 8, very physical its all wilderness

LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-08 AT 11:41PM (MST)[p]111-113 late with 7 points is like 17% for a non res. That percentage kinda sucks!!

Steve

I personally think 033 is a little over rated from what it was a few years back. I would agree with the above posts on the Lincoln County areas. PM me if you want more input and I'd be interested in some Idaho help. Be careful what you do with those bonus points as you've got a lot invested.

Also thanks for your service.

Idaho,
muzzy hunted 33 in 04 with alot of help. I killed 171 buck opening day. I'm glad I did as the weather got very hot and the bucks went nocturnal. I spoke to people I know in 33 and last year wasn't a great year either. I don't know why. I agree with the above post and going late is a good idea. If you end up in 33 I am willing to help you out.

I hunted 33 in 2006 and it was a bad year also. 2005 was the big year when nearly everyone killed a big buck.

Fullcurl,
You are correct on 033, it has declined and from what I know and have seen more than alittle.I don't know why it has decline, but it has.I have had several friends who hunted it recently who ate their tag waiting for a shooter buck.JB

Fullcurl Is Correct There Are Better Units,033 Is Still A Good Choice Just Not #1 In My Book,Top 5,I Think The Drought Has Hurt This Unit More Than Others Not As Many Springs And Water Sources As I Remember Could Be Wrong! Good Luck Gordon RAM4G

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom