7 PRC

CFMuley

I picked up a Fierce Carbon Rival about a week ago, topped it with a Nightforce NX8 yesterday, and finally made it to the range today. I followed Fierce’s recommended barrel break in, and then shot a 3 shot group you could cover with a penny at 200. I’m shooting factory Hornady 175 gr ELD-X ammo. Now just to shoot it through a chrono and build a chart for it!

0091D7FB-A057-4995-BEAA-9ED88885B567.jpeg

28B5569A-D951-4AD2-9838-52B72013EE1B.jpeg

i am realy considering the carbon rogue in the 7mm prc what made you buy the rival
My gun guy had one sitting there when I went to do paperwork on some suppressors. I didn’t do a deep dive on the different models. It just happened to be what was available, and it was pretty much what I wanted.

I'm curious what length barrel on your new rifle. It looks short in the picture but also curious what velocity you are getting. It definitely looks like a shooter. Is that the rifle that killed 4 bears already?

I'm curious what length barrel on your new rifle. It looks short in the picture but also curious what velocity you are getting. It definitely looks like a shooter. Is that the rifle that killed 4 bears already?
It’s a 20” barrel. The first shots through it I was getting around 2740 fps, but after 50 rounds or so it’s right around 2,780. Yeah, this is the rifle we’ve killed 5 bears with so far.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom