700 district antelope

COtransplant

Anybody else hunt it this year? More to the point, did you see anything of size? I hunted 9 days and ranged from state border on south all the way to Jordan neighborhood. Hunted several of the BMAs and tons of BLM.
Biggest buck I saw was maybe mid 70s. Numbers were horrible. Biologist in the Miles City office indicated numbers are way down...bad enough they only sold 150 doe tags for the whole district. And they would have gone to 0 if their management plan allowed it. EHD and a couple drought years...as well as a spring storm in 2021 really rocked the population.
I had an awesome hunt in country that makes my heart happy. But sure didn’t see any numbers or big goats. As they say “that’s huntin” right?
Love to see any good goats taken, as well as hear from any locals with an informed opinion

I hunted a different unit in MT this year. I didn’t see a pronghorn bigger than low 70’s and very few bucks that would even break 70”.
MT just isn’t know for producing big pronghorn. If you are only I interest in 80” pronghorn, MT is a waste of your time. I had a great hunt and hope to draw a tag again in a few years.
3B3D8D4D-E82A-4EB3-9ABB-919C971F5C55.jpeg

Anybody else hunt it this year? More to the point, did you see anything of size? I hunted 9 days and ranged from state border on south all the way to Jordan neighborhood. Hunted several of the BMAs and tons of BLM.
Biggest buck I saw was maybe mid 70s. Numbers were horrible. Biologist in the Miles City office indicated numbers are way down...bad enough they only sold 150 doe tags for the whole district. And they would have gone to 0 if their management plan allowed it. EHD and a couple drought years...as well as a spring storm in 2021 really rocked the population.
I had an awesome hunt in country that makes my heart happy. But sure didn’t see any numbers or big goats. As they say “that’s huntin” right?
Love to see any good goats taken, as well as hear from any locals with an informed opinion
I’m surprised the biologist told you the numbers were awful. They increased the quota substantially this year I believe 1000 more tags.

The numbers are horrible. The management of wildlife in the area both deer and antelope is not good. MTFWP is taking wildlife on public to the brink. Areas will never recover without big changes and may never anyway.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom