71,711 3rd season deer

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
My oldest boy drew 71,711 3rd season deer as a non resident. He’s been busy with HS football so he hasn't gotten to get out in the hills much. He’s pumped for this opportunity. We have some places lined out to hunt and I was told to buy him an OTC bull tag just in case as well. Just wanting to get some thoughts on the elk population and what kind of success rates there were for both the deer and elk during the 3rd season. I’m assuming a lot will depend on the weather but either way it should be a good time. Thanks.

Wish I had some info for you but I've only hunted 70 3rd season for deer. Wish you guys a great hunt however.

The elk here are pretty spotty and they've been pushed hard for a couple of months now. Just like the deer.

I would consider your chances of success low (<20%?, CPW can give you the real number). That said, some guys will get lucky and run across them. But, if you can afford it why not put a tag in your pocket?

They pushed our football season back to spring here. Good luck and enjoy your hunt.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom