71-79, 91 early mule deer advise

betterlucky

Any advice, have one week set aside this summer to scout and five days before the hunt...have most of the hunt off already and not afraid of packing in for days at a time. Just wondering where to start and what to bring for gear? wall tent, enclosed trailer, quad or general? Planning on starting in the wilderness and going from there. thanks for any input

You can make this hunt into whatever you want and still be successful. You can pack way in, set up a base camp, or stay in a hotel. I’d recommend an ATV, UTV, or vehicle that you don’t care about scratching up. Good luck and enjoy!——-SS

Any advice, have one week set aside this summer to scout and five days before the hunt...have most of the hunt off already and not afraid of packing in for days at a time. Just wondering where to start and what to bring for gear? wall tent, enclosed trailer, quad or general? Planning on starting in the wilderness and going from there. thanks for any input
I drew the same tag. I’ve never hunted those units. I do own property in 079.

You probably already read this. I drew a doe tag 10/19-10/31. I’m going to stay in wells and drive out. Good luck on your hunt.
IMG_5558.png

I can't blame a guy for getting a tag and hunting but it sure makes me sad that we would kill any does in the state of Nevada right now. I have hunted 7's 3 times in the past 10 years and there have been noticeably less overall deer each time. I think we should protect the baby-makers until we are absolutely overflowing with deer. Just my $.02 and I wish all hunters luck and delicious venison.----SS

These deer migrate, even in the first rifle hunt. Do some research on the migration routes. If the wilderness does not pan out, don‘t be afraid to roam around and check out different areas. I got my best buck on the last day of the early rifle hunt, a long ways away from the wilderness area. I’m pretty sure the deer were migrating.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom