71" Greater Kudu

Blank

Long Time Member
A friend with the result of a successful trip in Namibia - WOW!!!

04FF61E0-4845-4498-A892-91A8E92E5970_1_201_a.jpeg

I don't know about the physical condition. I looked at the other pictures also, and my comment would be a much smaller framed animal, and looked at least 100# lighter than any of my bulls I have taken. I don't know if it was from any of the desert conservancies tho, as all of the animals seem to run smaller up there.

I don't know about the physical condition. I looked at the other pictures also, and my comment would be a much smaller framed animal, and looked at least 100# lighter than any of my bulls I have taken. I don't know if it was from any of the desert conservancies tho, as all of the animals seem to run smaller up there.
Graeme Pollock first commented on another site. In that picture, you could tell it’s hips were a bit withered, ribs visible and backbone pronounced. It was a fantastic bull to take, and not only because it exceeded a number that is almost never achieved. Kudu of 10 lifetimes!

Graeme Pollock first commented on another site. In that picture, you could tell it’s hips were a bit withered, ribs visible and backbone pronounced. It was a fantastic bull to take, and not only because it exceeded a number that is almost never achieved. Kudu of 10 lifetimes!
It does look like an old bull. I agree with others....... it is fantastic. It seems like a perfect time to kill it, at the end of a long life where it had the opportunity to grow to its full potential. I certainly understand the agrument for kiilling wild game for their meat, but......... isn’t it also honorable to give these animals the opportunity to live out their lives, reproducing the best genetics the species has to offer, thereby giving them the time to display the best they have to give.

It seems unfortunate there isn’t a way to give more wildlife a full life before we enjoy them, next to the mashed potatoes.

In 5 trips to 3 countries, I have had the opportunity to kill quite a few kudu bulls. The 60"Er has always eluded me, but I keep trying. My personal best is 56. But 13" bases!! Always remember that any trophies, properly hunted and taken fairly, are the things of memories!!! Enjoy the quest!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom