72/73 71/711 or 62

elk_crazy

Looking at these units for 3rd season mule deer. I have enough points for all of them just debating with myself on which way to go. I'm really leaning towards 71/711 because I've been in the area but am up to suggestions and comments from you fellow hunters. I just wanna shoot a mature buck. Just want pros and cons between the units. Not looking to road hunt and am willing to hike in after them. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you

I spent some time in 711 last year as I drew a 4th season tag. did a lot of hard scouting prior to season and was disappointed overall. If you are happy with a buck in the 160" range I did see a few of them but I would go for 62 if it were my points, I posted a pic of my 4th season deer earlier It was the best I could find but I'm sure there are a few big ones still roaming the hills good luck

Do you have access to vouchers if they draw? Hoping to pick up a couple for this coming fall, but would like to find someone that should get some before the draws start.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom