742 Remington powder for reloading

ce61

A friend has a 270 in a 742 Remington that he wants me to reload for him. Is imr 4350 okay for this application or should a faster burning powder be used because of the gas system... thanks for any input CE61

You'll find the powder you have on hand to be one of the top performers in that cartridge and it has plenty of potential to produce all the action-operating pressure needed.

Best, Zeke

and....since they are 3 minute guns, working a load up shouldn't be difficult....
True Homer.

Decades ago, I bought a used one and sweet-talked it into a bit better than that… but not by much.
I must have got a good one LOL. It’s long gone and don’t remember keeping it very long and couldn’t possible remember who bought it.

Easy come, easy go.

Zeke

I have one on in '06.....I know

I've killed lots of deer and elk with it ....back before we weren't supposed to get so close before shooting.......

I have one on in '06.....I know

I've killed lots of deer and elk with it ....back before we weren't supposed to get so close before shooting.......
This is my dad’s old 742 in 30-06. This gun has been through hell.
I’ve got it now and it will still rap off five shots as fast as I can pull the trigger lol.
It’s never had a scope on it and
he killed many bucks with it.
I don’t use it much but for a brush gun once in a while.

I’ll bring it to Utah when scopes are no longer allowed on rifles ha ha!

6E516C98-624C-4BD0-9C2E-5EF00B345F19.jpeg

Love it….I love those 2 model 12’s better

is the ‘06 a 742 or the earlier 740?

This is my dad’s old 742 in 30-06. This gun has been through hell.
I’ve got it now and it will still rap off five shots as fast as I can pull the trigger lol.
It’s never had a scope on it and
he killed many bucks with it.
I don’t use it much but for a brush gun once in a while.

I’ll bring it to Utah when scopes are no longer allowed on rifles ha ha!

View attachment 82231
Great collection ya got there buck! ?

Loaded 49 grains IMR 4350 and 150 grain bullets. Shortened the COAL to fit with a little clearance in the magazine. Cycles and shot fine.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom