78,105-107,109

Rossco13

My kids and I were very lucky to draw first year cow elk hunt... I cant seem to find much info on this hunt. Does anyone know this area? Would love to see my boys 13 and 16 get their first elk.

>My kids and I were very
>lucky to draw first year
>cow elk hunt... I cant
>seem to find much info
>on this hunt. Does anyone
>know this area? Would love
>to see my boys 13
>and 16 get their first
>elk.

I drew one of the archery bull tags. I'll send you a pm.

>How did your archery hunt go?
>

Tough, dry, windy at first, but it turned out to be a fun rut hunt. The elk finally seemed to turn it on towards the end of the hunt, but they were still pretty wary of cow calls and wouldn't come in very close. Fun though, but never saw a herd with more than 10 or so elk. Seemed like there were more horses than elk in most areas. I didn't see any real monster bulls but there were a lot of branched antler bulls. It seemed like there were very few good camp spots that had good access. When the cow hunters and spike hunters started rolling in the last day it got pretty crowded on the roads. I probably will not ever draw there or even put in there again so if anyone needs some more details I might throw some out through pm to help on a bull hunt.

Ya. I was one that came in on Thursday. Saw small herds Thursday Friday. Saturday opened and more people than elk. Hunted 5 days went home came back next weekend went way north into the wilderness and my oldest son and i came up on two cows and filled two tags. Only two we saw during our hunt. First elk hunt and pleased we put meat in freezer. Probably wont put in for that again. Way too many people.

Thanks for the rollup. I drew an archery cow tag this year. I am looking at scouting next weekend. I'd appreciate any tips on areas to avoid.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom