Wanted 7mm 175 grain ELD-x or Berger Elite Hunter

30Hart

Very Active Member
Would like to get my hands on at least a box or two of either bullet...my custom 7mm will be done this summer and I'd like to try and develop a load with them...will pay a premium over cost. Thanks

Last edited:
How are the elite hunters different than the VLD?
Thanks
The ogive on the bullet of the elite hunters is easier to tune and stay in the sweet spot longer than the VLDs. The VLDs have a higher BC for the same weight.

The ogive on the bullet of the elite hunters is easier to tune and stay in the sweet spot longer than the VLDs. The VLDs have a higher BC for the same weight.
So are the elite hunters what used to be called the classic hunters? Or are the classics also different than the elite?
Thanks

0F42864E-549C-48E0-8C54-1D189EC0DC76.jpeg

No the classics are a shorter bullet type designed to be helpful in standard length magazines..
They are also an easier bullet to tune and have the lowest bc of the 3 types of berger hunting bullets.

The 175 Elite Hunter is a solid performer on elk. I've taken a handful from 160 yds to 450ish and it has worked flawlessly. Pass thru and complete penetration on broadside hits even breaking the offside shoulder on two elk. This is out of my 280 AI at 2935 fps. Kills out of its pay grade for sure.

The 175 Elite Hunter is a solid performer on elk. I've taken a handful from 160 yds to 450ish and it has worked flawlessly. Pass thru and complete penetration on broadside hits even breaking the offside shoulder on two elk. This is out of my 280 AI at 2935 fps. Kills out of its pay grade for sure.
Thanks for the feedback buddy. I think that's the one I'm going to load develop first.

The beauty of that bullet for me was vs the VLD 168 grain or 180 these were so easy to tune. I literally loaded them up and shot a .338" group at 100 yds. Ridiculous. And they're fast! The biggest problem is they gone like the doh-doh birds. Extinct for now. I can't find any anywhere! I have my box of 88 pieces so I'm good for this year.

16542003371736629012582336226329.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom