7mm ultra mag scope

D

dneils

I just bought a rem 700bdl and was wandering what
some of you guys might top it with, I have been looking at
a 3x9x40 leupold vx 2 @ gaylands for $269 my price range
is $150 to $450 any sugestions.

dneils,
I would get that leupold, it cant be beat for the money.
forever warranty, also get the leupold base and rings and you well never have to worry about sighting in, again.

I have beat the hell out of two of mine, dragging elk, deer etc.
even dented the one, when I dropped on it.

every time I shoot em, their right on the money.

I hear the new Weaver and burris line are great to.

The 3x9 VX-2 should be all the scope you'll ever need. I have a 4x12 VX-2 on my .300 ultra. The extra power helps out when I'm on the bench. You may also take a look at the 3.5x10 VX-3. It is a little bit over 450 bucks, but not much. Leupold has upgraded the whole line of scopes they produce for 2004. The customer service they provide is amazing. My scope needed service after an accident retreating from a ticked off cow moose while on a bear hunt. The general big game season was 10 days away. Leupold put a rush on my repair and turned it around in 7 days. Their reputation speaks for itself. Also try Bear Basin Outfitters for a good deal. Hope this helps. mtmuley

My vote goes to the Weaver Grandslam. Half the price of a VariX-III and just as good of optics! Weaver also has a lifetime warrenty and great customer service if you ever need it. I just bought a new VXI which is exactly the same as a VXII except for the click windage/elevation adjustments... It's no comparison to my Grand Slam, the GS is MUCH clearer and sharper. For the money the GS can't be beat! 3.5x10x40...$239

IMO, It sure seems to me that a lot of people send in Luepold scopes for service... Seems like everytime one of these treads comes up someone always says they had to send a Luepold off for one reason or another. I know they make a good product but if it was so great then whey are they always breaking?

http://www.bearbasin.com/catalog2.htm#wegs_scopes

bambistew, Leupolds do not "just" break. I agree Weaver has a good product, and I actually researched them quite thoroughly before going with Leupold. The circumstances that caused my scope to become damaged were beyond my control. One of the reasons I chose Leupold for my Ultra was from friends high opinions. Also, next time you look at a magazine devoted to shooting and/or reloading, check out the scopes some of the big custom gun makers are mounting. In all honesty, this is the only Leupold glass I own. But, for my new rifle I have always wanted, (300 ultra) I also wanted high quality optics. I am sorry you have been dissapointed with Leupold, but I will not buy anything else for any of my other rifles. And to clarify, the VX-2 has upgraded lens coatings from the VX-1. And why buy a Leupold if Weaver pleased you so? mtmuley

Thanks for the input guys , I just got of the phone
with bearbasin a little while ago , ended up buying the
3x9x50 vx 2 it was on sale for $287 , this will be my first
leupold , now all need is to draw my nv. elk tag.

thanks agin guys.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom