8 Days Out, and THIS Happens...

BGbasbhat

Very Active Member
Have a premium bull tag here in AZ starting next week. Probably shot over 3,000 arrows since draw results in April....

Shot 19 last night dead nuts, and shot 20 went waaayyy left...look down and this...

991990904191832.jpg

06 Tribute...my baby since it was born.....i'm gonna puke

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

LAST EDITED ON Sep-05-19 AT 05:43PM (MST)[p]Man thats a bummer! I'd head to your local shop and get a new bow setup ASAP. Don?t waste your premium tag! You could have a new bow dialed in before the weekend is over.
Or put a post on archery talk and maybe some has an old limb they could overnight.

I see a bow upgrade in the IMMEDIATE future!

Obviously your accuracy is good. You should be fine. And post pics!

I feel ya, same thing happened to me last year with a D340. Picked up a used Xpedition off archerytalk, tuned it in camp, and sealed the deal a few days later.

Took 6 months to get the parts from Bowtech to fix that bow.

My buddies cousin had a Hoyt blow up in camp last year as well. Down the mountain he went for an upgrade.

Get to it, don't let that tag go to waste.

I shot the Tribute from 06 -13, still miss that thing. Hopefully you can find a replacement set of limbs.

Ah crap, that sucks :(

The timing is horrible of course, but better that the limb de-laminated now than later when you draw on that trophy bull.

Thanks all. I am working with Bowtech for the warranty on the limbs. Believe it or not, they said as long as there wasn't any shady stuff going on, everything is still covered. They wouldn't be able to send me new limbs for a couple weeks, but still, surprised they still honored a 13 year old bow. Guess it will be my backup going forward.

In the meantime, setup a Mathews Vertix and shooting laser beams out to 40 last night. Still working and probably won't put it down till I can set it on a big bull!

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

Cool and good luck. Haven't shot the Verix, but I live in Wisconsin and shot a bunch of Mathews bows for 25 years. Went to a Hyot Carbon Spyder Turbo a few years ago and have loved that bow, but I read about the Vertix and thought it may be time to upgrade again and the technology of that thing sounded like it took some serious steps forward, unless its just a bunch of marketing BS. I have shot the new Hyots every year, but havne't felt like they are much of an upgrade from my current setup. I do like the carbon.

I have 12 or 13 elk points in Arizona so I should be able to draw something in the next few years.

How the new Bow working out so far.
Hope the hunt is going good.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I used to shoot an '06 Tribute. I built it myself at Bowtech University. I had two Allegiance bows also. It looks like you are having better luck with limbs than I am. My daughter needs new limbs for her Diamond infinite edge. They wouldn't send them to me direct because I'm no longer a bowtech dealer but I did source a set online.

Never shot a Tribute but I own a Vertix...you'll be plenty happy with how that bow handles that big bull in your future.

Now just keep shooting straight!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom