9 FT Ceilings

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
Can anyone suggest a mount or post pics of mounted bulls good for short ceilings? I killed a funky looking bull last year in UT and need to figure out what form to go with. I really dont want the bottom of the mount too close to the ground.

I have looked through some old posts and found a few I really like, just want a few more ideas. Thank you!

3884downsized951107091149.jpg

91732009_utah_bull_010.jpg

Cool Bull. I would go with some sort of sneak or a pedestal mount.

6316img_9640_25.jpg

or a pedestal type mount.

8401small_pedestal.jpg

2912small.jpg

Wow! Those are sweet. I havent given much thought into a pedestal mount. I will definately look more into those. Thanks for sharing.

You could do a pedestal and have it put on one of those logs from hobble creek woods. That would be pretty nice looking. Or a nice base with habitat. I would do a pedestal if I killed that bull you got. Im doing a pedestal on my 370 archery bull I killed here in Washington. It is actually a bugling pedestal out of Matuska. It was sculpted by Aaron Connely and is probably one of the most accurate elk forms I have seen. He won the world champion ship sculpting title with it in 2008 or 9 I beleive. Might want to check that one out also if you like bugling mounts. That Velvet bull is a pivot pedestal form from Joe Coombs just so you know. Keep us posted on what you decide to do!

Thats a neat bull and I 2nd the pedestal idea. I was at Wade's place (Hobble Creek) last week checking out logs for my buddy's elk nmount. They are awesome.

Bucklucky, the mounts you have posted are beautiful. Great job and thanks for showing us.

Yelum

Thanks Yelum!

I wish Utah wasnt so far from Washington. Id like to check out that Hobble Creek woods.

Justin,

You are welcome to come over and measure mine. Then you can get a realistic idea of how much room it will leave with your ceiling or how much smaller of a form you may need.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-10 AT 08:33PM (MST)[p]My UT bull is just getting finished up at my taxidermist as a pedestal mount. With a 28" tall pedestal he reaches 7'8" from the floor to his highest tine. I had both antlers removeable so I can take off the antlers to get him in and out of the house.

What I really like about the pedestal idea is he has a curved back, more shoulder, and is a lot more lifelike than just a head on a wall. Also, my taxidermist mounted it on a rod and the bull can literally be spun on the rod to show off the best view of the antlers in any given room. If I get tired of looking at him 1 direction I can spin him around to get different angle and views.

The elk body also comes off the main pedestal rod that goes approximately 1' up into his body and is securely fixed to the pedestal with a 4 x 4 beam. This definitely helps when moving him around.

Your bull is super unique and has a lot of character. The other benefit to a pedestal is you can walk up to your bull and see all the tines and irregularities. My bull has a few extra points and some devil pts above the brows that couldn't be seen if on a wall. It looks like the extra pt on yours may not be visible if up on a wall?

Good luck! Your bull deserves a super mount!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom