9 non resident points for deer..Can I draw 12AW early rifle?

Calbuck

As the title states, my son and I have 9 points and want to hunt 12..it seems like I might be in the running, what say you?

It's possible. Lots of guys burned points the past couple years because antler growth was above average. You would have early archery for sure and that tag is good for both the east and west side.

Seems like point creep went way up the last couple years. Idk what this year took to be guaranteed a tag, but 2019 it was 13.

Does not look like you will be in the 20% pass with 9 NR points. 2020 it took 11 points. There is still a small chance in the random draw.
1605370992433.png

Just looking at the data you can see that NR's are really jumping on the early hunt bandwagon. This will really add to the point creep. If a NR doesn't want to wait that long, a good strategy would be put late hunt as first choice and early hunt as second choice.
Give the unit 2-3 years and the area that burned this year should be very good. I don't think it will have the impact on deer as the Warm fire from 14-15 years ago but it should still be very beneficial. The 12aw side of warm fire has really grown back and much harder to glass/hunt now. I was kind of hoping that this years fire would make it back to that area but no such luck. Good Luck!

Jesus. 23 points to draw a Late tag? I love a late mule deer hunt, but giving up a third of a lifetime... no way.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom