$95,000 petty cash raise?

AWHOLELOTTABULL

Long Time Member
Can you believe the balls on these guys. They just approved a $95,000 petty cash raise for each person in the senate and house. That means no receipts, no accountability and you and I are paying for it. I thought petty cash was there in case you needed a pen or a note pad and didn't have the cash. WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU BUYING WITH $95,000 IN PETTY CASH? I posted on another thread right after the elections and said that we had given the Democrats complete control, and for those of you who voted for Obama, you deserve exactly what you get.

Let's recap a little......2 main senators (D) that have been caught for tax evasion. One for $40,000 and Senator Tom DICKle (Senate Majority Leader) $150,000. Neither one are being charged a dime in late fees and both are claiming, "I had no idea". Yah right!! Obama still wants them in his administration. $150 million dollar inauguration party? In this economy? What the hell happened to "rolling up my sleeves and getting to work"? Obama's gonna "change Washington". "Obama's our saviour". Let me hear all your support for these recent Democratic changes. Go ahead and tell me you support a $95,000 personal petty cash fund. Not even 30 days into this and it's already nauseating.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

On second thought, do you support that kind of frivolity in any economy? Where is Obama in all this. So far all I have seen is spend spend spend. I don't consider myself much of a Democrat or Republican. I think they are all liars. Obama is going to continue to support companies like Bank of America that get billions of dollars of tax payers money and then sponsor a 5 day multimillion dollar super bowl party. Now that's some wise spending there.

www.awholelottabull.com

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-09 AT 07:23AM (MST)[p]lotabull, i almost always shut off listening to anyone who's yelling shut up. Come on, over the years you puff up your chest and act like mr american, mr conservative and mr constitution, now your in the gestopo camp how come an American who respects so much the constitution tell the dems to shut the hell up? In doing that, what makes you any better then them? Anyone who yells, "shut the hell up" is no better, and in most cases they are worse off then the democrats.

Last I checked this is public policy and there are no issues with equality or fairness in the media, so telling the dems to shut the hell up puts you in a small camp of those who would like to dictate our policies. . .

Maybe you meant something else and I know i'll give you a pass if you want to explain what you mean . . .

There is no disputing that the last two elections made it clear that overall, Americans wanted Dems, they may not like it now, but that's what the people asked for, and so we should not tell the dems to shut up, in fact, the more they talk the more obvious are the problems. . . just take a look at Obamas support. The best thing to do now is let them talk if its bad medicine they speak, we will get sick and make a change. . .

As for Obama,

1. you forgot Rangle
2. it's not 150k, but less (like it really matters)
3. you forgot Lynn at the Pentagon

The point is that Obama is not holding to his promises no matter how innocent Rangle, Dangle, Lynn, and Geithner turn out to be. It stinks and that's a fact. The American people expected Obama to make change and in the very least stay true to his word, so far he's not doing well. If there were on or two near misses that would be fine, but 4 and who know's maybe more, that's a pattern. . .

As for the stimulus is way wrong, in my view, in fact it's not going to work as it now reads, i'm relatively confident of that based simply on the fact that our government system is not set up to handle this kind of spending which means that even if the money was going toward the best and wisest plans, much of it will hogged up with administrative costs, waste and outright stealing. Even if the proposal was the right one, and it's not in my view, it would not work unless we built a plan to insure the spending hits the ground and makes jobs, in order to do that the government would have to spend more money on staff, or contract the oversight and implementation, which means one thing, we will get ripped off. . .

I think it's a bad plan for other reasons too, but at its core it will fail. . .

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-09 AT 03:17PM (MST)[p]First of all, it's not an act. Second, I have always believed that you either put up or shut up. I sat back and watched. I'm not a huge political guy like some of you guys are but I know a fox in the chicken coup when I see one. I'm tired of hearing all the Democrats saying, "We're going to fix this economy", and calling out all the Republican crooks (of which I'm sure there are quite a few, but they are being very quiet right now) when they themselves are breaking federal rules. Hell, if you or I owed that much money in back taxes we would be doing jail time and they would be coming after your wife for siging your joint tax filing. Go ahead, speak your peace but you better have some action behind the words. So far all I've seen is a lot of worthless spending by people who were voted in by the american people. They have those high paying jobs because we gave it to them. So I'll say it again, fix it or SHUT THE HELL UP! Better yet SHUT UP until you fix it.

www.awholelottabull.com

"The point is that Obama is not holding to his promises no matter how innocent Rangle, Dangle, Lynn, and Geithner turn out to be. It stinks and that's a fact. The American people expected Obama to make change and in the very least stay true to his word, so far he's not doing well. If there were on or two near misses that would be fine, but 4 and who know's maybe more, that's a pattern. . .

As for the stimulus is way wrong, in my view, in fact it's not going to work as it now reads, i'm relatively confident of that based simply on the fact that our government system is not set up to handle this kind of spending which means that even if the money was going toward the best and wisest plans, much of it will hogged up with administrative costs, waste and outright stealing. Even if the proposal was the right one, and it's not in my view, it would not work unless we built a plan to insure the spending hits the ground and makes jobs, in order to do that the government would have to spend more money on staff, or contract the oversight and implementation, which means one thing, we will get ripped off. . .

I think it's a bad plan for other reasons too, but at its core it will fail. . . "

Dad gum Tmoney, we agree on something for a change. I am disappointed right now with Obama as well. As I did not vote for him I still want him to do well. But to come out one day and say no to this and no more of that then turn right around and break those promises is very disturbing.

It's simple for simple minds; If your butt isn't raw yet, just wait. 4 yrs !!! Just finished 8 !!! Before that,,, count how old you are then add.
You've been getting up the butt for awhile now,,,, turn your cheek, bend over,,,take it like a man like you all have been doing your entire life.
Ever see an honest Politician??? I call'em like I see'em.
NON-PRODUCERS ! Scum of the Earth......Like I said,,,,
Crooks,,, Criminals,,,,Fakes,,,, goes on and on and on...
Wait and see, it gets better with time...
Chow

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-09 AT 05:14PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-09 AT 05:00?PM (MST)

lotabull, you can shout shut up from the tallest peaks and with the loudest voice you have but shutting up the dems will only make things worse, sometimes it's best to let people speak because the public often is smarter than you give them credit for; we can understand what they say and if we dont like it we will voice out opinions. Imagine how popular Bush would have been had he shut hi mouth a few times. . . he'd have been a hero, so you should be careful what you ask for. Shutting the dems up is exactly the wrong thing to do. . . they will fry themselves if given the chance, but of course you seem to know best. . .

02, i have two things to say, first, I was a republican many years ago but after Newt blew up the party and allowed it to be taken over by the religious right I got discouraged, and then under Bush II i got disgusted), second, as you know I use to spend some of your tax dollars when I was in WA DC and at that time, I took my job very seriously, and never once forgot who's money I were spending. Having worked on the "inside" in DC I cant see how all this spending is going to do what the DR ordered. . . this stimulus package is more of the same but with more zero's. . . i'm afraid. . . .

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-09 AT 05:36PM (MST)[p]T-Final, you do make a good point. It's been less than a month and they have already started to fry themselves. I was hopeful that things would change. I was hopeful that crooked government (Republican and Democrat) would be done. I guess that's why I'm so fired up. I just don't understand if Obama is all that (like all of his supporters keep saying he is) why can he not put a stop to something as simple as a $95,000 petty cash raise? Why does he stand behind these tax crooks. I mean,damn, that Daschel (sp?) went on record in front of an appropriations committee in '99 and flat out blasted "tax crooks" as he put it. Obama is still gonna support him and put him on his cabinet. Not only do we not punish these punks, hell we go as far as giving them a promotion!! I just don't understand it. Like I said before, I'm no politician and I will be the first to admit I don't know much about how these political circles run. I do know that from this rednecks point of veiw, there should be a lot of those politicians doing some jail time and getting their a** fired!

I guess that I should probably sit back and let them cook themselves. The problem is, I really don't think we can afford to take a huge hit for another 4 years. I've got friends with small businesses that are dropping like flies. These guys have lost houses and tried to stick it out to the point that they will never recover, yet we have elected officials NOT paying their taxes and steeling from the public. You all do remember who Obama put on his financial advisory committee don't you. Yep, those SOB'n execs from Granny Mae and Freddy Crack. These are the same people that think they need 2 million dollar offices with $1400 trash cans. I'm really tired of it, but hell I'll just shut up and let them keep printing money. Pretty soon our whole economy will be based on counterfit funds!

Just out of curiosity T-Final (and as if I don't already know) who did you vote for. You keep slamming me with this whole "I guess you know best..." bullshi* but apparently you didn't know that much either.....or did you? You say you were back in DC. Were you vocal or were you a bystander? Just curious! I want to know a little about who's attacking me.

www.awholelottabull.com

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-09 AT 05:56PM (MST)[p]I did not know I was attacking you, i just was pointing out that you were attacking our way of life by telling the dems to shut the hell up. . .

I've posted my vite on MM in the past, I wont do it again. I worked there in DC under clinton and bush. The last few projects that were popular in my office when I was there were the new fuel standards for diesel trucks and buses, and ##### Cheney's energy policy - what a joke that turned out to be. I left the place in 01 about 7 months after Bush took office.

Anyhow, did not vote Mcain I would have if he had stayed Mcain, but he lost his way when his handlers got hold of him, he's the definition of flip flopper. . . to bad too, i thought he was a mad of principle, but then he went and tried to up the dems black guy with a white woman, and that was so obviously a political move that I just about puked. . .

Anyhow, I think his stimulus package sucks as it now is written but I thought that Bush's 1.3 trillion sucked to only we never will know where most of that went because no one was watching the bank while Bush was robbing it. . . funny what a week will do to a conservative. . . The things is, I never passed judgment on Obama (I never once had any illusions about him, or anyone in that position for that matter either), when I'd not seen anything out of him. He's made some big mistakes, but so far no one has been killed over them. We'll have to wait and see . . .

I never said dont complain or dont voice your opinion about the policies, in fact I advocate just the opposite, yell loudly if you dont like something, it's that lack of yelling that got us hung up in the war, and allowed for uncontrolled spending for 8 years. If we had yelled louder for those years we would not be in this mess that we now are in. . . I would not want anyone to shut up, i want more talking and more yelling, but I dont think it's wise to yell shut up, not now, shutting up is exactly what allowed us to get into this mess in the first place. . .

I think that you and I have a definate misunderstanding and our veiws are more alike than we think. In no way would I ever attack someones way of life. Maybe a little analogy would help clear my point. I relate the whole "put up or shut up" theme to a backup quarterback that openly says he can do better than the starter and when he finally gets put in the game he has to prove himself. All along he's trash talked the starting guy and publicly exploited his mistakes (which he did make). Now it's his chance to carry the team to victory and the first several passes he throws are interceptions. A couple of them returned for touchdowns. Am I making any sense. I have never professed to "knowing what's best", especially when it comes to politics. But my original gripe still stands. Why doesn't our nations "saviour" step in and put a stop to this $95,000 petty cash raise. Am I really that far off base that I can't see a need for that much money that doesn't have to be accounted for? I will apologize if I offended you. I do, and have always, respected your posts and oppinions. Your photography is unmatched as well. It just feels like we are getting screwed with the biggest pole they can find an no lubricant. It feels like Obama is thumbing his nose at all those that didn't vote for him and even some that did. Extremely frustrating. At least I care.

www.awholelottabull.com

It is appearing that we did get more of the same on this last election, but possibly on a much larger scale if you judge it by the first few weeks on expenditures.
In our local paper they have about 6 different reporters that write political articles for numerous papers. Some of them are very liberal in their views. One of them being Robert Sheer.
He was a very out spoken for his views on the Bush Admin. and a strong supporter for Obama and the Democrats.
In his most recent article, he has taken a stance of not liking the people that Obama has choosen to be his cabinet appointnees. He even made comments about Obama choosing persons to oversee his economy package as being the same ones that helped drive the economy into the pits it is at today.
I think the honeymoon is over for Obama when his own staunch supporters are now beginning to question his judgement.
we will know the results in two years if a bunch of Democrats loose their seats or retain them based on the voters feelings about all those promises that were made.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom