98 mauser-300 win mag?

T

Three100mag

is it possable to make a mauser 98 (brno vz 24) into a 300win mag, didnt know about bolt face and magazine etc...

> is it possable to make
>a mauser 98 (brno vz
>24) into a 300win mag,
>didnt know about bolt face
>and magazine etc...

Yes, you can convert a VZ 24 action to 300 Win. Mag. You have to open the bolt face to fit the mag shell rim. the VZ-24 action has a mag made for 308 lenght shells. you have to cut the front part of the mag well off and weld in extenders on the sides to lenghten the mag well. Most times you have to also open up the side rails to allow the larger dia. mag shell to feed without causing a jam. Any good gunsmith can do this for you, and he can preform a inspection of the action to make sure it is in good condition and can be used for a conversion to a mag. which will have higher pressures then the cartidge it was made for.

RELH

HEY THREE' I was goin' that same route but did 338,,have a gibbs/parker hale barrel in 300 winmag,,50.00,,new,,unfired take off,,blue,,(scuffed )24" drilled and cut for sights,,,if interested e-mail me at [email protected] YOUR NOSE IN THE WIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are not hooked on the "mag", there are a few other options for you that will give great performance and reduce the work/cost of conversion. I would reccomend the 338-06 as it requires no lengthening of magazine or bolt-face work. Will still need to open up feed rails a bit though. Performance is good as an elk/bear/moose rifle. If you want a heavier bullet, you could move to a 35wheelen (note that "improved" versions are a bit better) These will give you bullets in the 200 to 275 range at respectable speeds.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom