A 1962 Halloween Story

BeanMan

Long Time Member
Here is a true story from my Family which happened in Fort Collins in 1962: I was too young to remember it apparently. When I was three I went trick or treating with my older brother aged 5, my Father was lurking in the shadows, keeping an eye on things. We stopped at a Fraternity house on Remington Street in Fort Collins. One of the Fraternity guys slipped a lit M-80 into my brothers bag of candy blowing it to smithereens and scaring both of us badly. My Dad, who was a Korean war Marine, took offense to that and pummeled the crap out of the culprit along with a couple of friends who came to his defense. The police were called and they congratulated my Dad and told the Frat Boys they didn't want any more trouble out of them. My Father probably would be sued and sent to prison today for beating some sense into those college kids.

Happy Halloween,

BeanMan

Wow! I can't believe someone put that into a little kids bag!

Looks like they got what they deserved.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

That's a good story BeanMan. My dad was a WWII veteran and I can see him doing the same thing. Good old fashioned justice is a thing of the past I'm afraid.

Steve

Good story BeanMan. Glad you and your brother weren't hurt but too bad I can't say the same for the FratRat. He got his just reward!

LoL, that's funny! However, if someone did that to my niece, they wouldn't be laughing for too long.

Michael~All Gods creatures welcome... right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom