A Bolt II Medallion 270win

JMalmy

I’m just looking for some info and input on what you think about the rifle I have. Browning A Bolt 270win II Medallion, Bell and Carlson stock, Burris C4 3-9 with Leupold rings and mount. I bought this from someone a few years back w the intent to carry it, not just sit and wait. I feel that it is a bit too heavy. My other rifle is a 7mm mag in Tikka T3x. Feels a few pounds lighter.

what do you thinks the Medallion is worth and what would be a good comparison or upgrade while staying in 270win.

Appreciate it!

BA37FB25-E5FB-4D12-8633-D4DBE44C2E70.jpeg

D3221BEC-1D36-4969-B04B-72CB274CA947.jpeg

5B74D3FE-482B-4689-80B1-9D439C5C38B7.jpeg

6CC8BC86-C36E-494A-8423-F04E381A7196.jpeg

96FE94CC-C2DD-44FA-962C-DB2F732C8579.jpeg

A21D16F7-B782-49A6-A71C-7A58621F9302.jpeg

Nice rifle. Most guys buying a Browning Medallion will want the factory wood stock. I recently sold a similar rifle with an aftermarket stock for $500. Hope that helps

Nice rifle. Most guys buying a Browning Medallion will want the factory wood stock. I recently sold a similar rifle with an aftermarket stock for $500. Hope that helps
Definitely does help and I appreciate it. The gentleman I bought this off of already did the “upgrade” to the stock so, yeah.

What would get over the browning? I love my tikka but kinda want something different. Winchester?

First hunting rifle I ever bought, was a Browning A-Bolt in 25-06. I sold it to upgrade as well…
Wished I would have kept it, it was sweet rifle!

Yeah! Shoots really well off the table. The stock makes it a bit heavier and compared to T3x, I think it’s gotta go haha

Selling a gun just to get $500 isn't worth it to me. It's just a day of work!! I'd throw it in the safe and just go get what you want.
Yeah.. if I was in a position to do that, I would. At this point in my life I’m kinda at a “sell one to buy one.” I have a kid coming in 5wks lol

Yeah.. if I was in a position to do that, I would. At this point in my life I’m kinda at a “sell one to buy one.” I have a kid coming in 5wks lol
I know that feeling all too well. For years I worked in or managed gun stores so I was constantly buying, selling, trading guns. Then I started having kids. It wasn't too bad with the first kid (daughter) but then we had triplet boys :eek: I joked that I would now get to buy guns in triplicate, well the joke was on me after I said that because I was no longer buying expensive or custom guns for myself but lots of cheaper ones too start them learning on. To add insult to injury I found myself slowly selling off a lot of my own firearms.

Then we had another boy and I had no idea how much it would cost me to outfit five kids in hunting gear. In the end it's all worth it though.:)

I've got half a dozen C4 scopes and I like them, especially with the custom turrets. There are not many scope brands on the market as durable as Burris.

Yeah! Shoots really well off the table. The stock makes it a bit heavier and compared to T3x, I think it’s gotta go haha
Sell the stock and buy a Boyds laminate for it. They make a featherweight thumbhole for the A-bolt. I personally haven't checked the weight difference between it and what you have now but it may do the job for you.

I just did a Boyds stock for my A-bolt that is chambered in .375 Ackley. It has a big diameter fluted barrel so I had to go with the thumbhole varminter in order to get a wide enough forend. They are a pretty cheap option.

I know that feeling all too well. For years I worked in or managed gun stores so I was constantly buying, selling, trading guns. Then I started having kids. It wasn't too bad with the first kid (daughter) but then we had triplet boys :eek: I joked that I would now get to buy guns in triplicate, well the joke was on me after I said that because I was no longer buying expensive or custom guns for myself but lots of cheaper ones too start them learning on. To add insult to injury I found myself slowly selling off a lot of my own firearms.

Then we had another boy and I had no idea how much it would cost me to outfit five kids in hunting gear. In the end it's all worth it though.:)

I've got half a dozen C4 scopes and I like them, especially with the custom turrets. There are not many scope brands on the market as durable as Burris.
I’m having a son so I’m sure I’ll be buying things x2 ! Looking forward to it tho. 5 little hunters and yourself. Hot damn! Kudos to you

Sell the stock and buy a Boyds laminate for it. They make a featherweight thumbhole for the A-bolt. I personally haven't checked the weight difference between it and what you have now but it may do the job for you.

I just did a Boyds stock for my A-bolt that is chambered in .375 Ackley. It has a big diameter fluted barrel so I had to go with the thumbhole varminter in order to get a wide enough forend. They are a pretty cheap option.
That B&C stock adds like another 2# to an already 7# gun lol thanks for the heads up. I may look into an after market, featherlight stock. I just got my head wrapped around wanting a different 270. Ugh

I’m just looking for some info and input on what you think about the rifle I have. Browning A Bolt 270win II Medallion, Bell and Carlson stock, Burris C4 3-9 with Leupold rings and mount. I bought this from someone a few years back w the intent to carry it, not just sit and wait. I feel that it is a bit too heavy. My other rifle is a 7mm mag in Tikka T3x. Feels a few pounds lighter.

what do you thinks the Medallion is worth and what would be a good comparison or upgrade while staying in 270win.

Appreciate it!

View attachment 54643

View attachment 54644

View attachment 54645

View attachment 54646

View attachment 54647

View attachment 54648
Keep the gun and put a 20 moa rail on it with a Vortex Strik Eagle 5X25 and you'll love it's range.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom